chapter thirty nine

' we'll be okay '

santos pov

if i killed her now no one would know. no one knew she was alive. only my brother. he would not mind if i tortured her to death right here and now. 

i wanted to.

my knife was already drawn and i craved the fresh smell of blood. she was such a perfect target. such a misery to look at. an old crone with nothing left of morals or values.

maybe i was sick.

maybe the doctors were right after all, maybe i was a beast. but she needed that. my sweetest little love needed that beast, who else would protect her? her family? no, they could not do what i could. 

they couldnt comfort her like i.

they couldnt love her like i did.

they couldnt adore her like me.

i was the beast she desperatly needed. 

i knew she needed me, something dark cold, and brutal. something unlike anyone she knew. someone like me and my brother. something as twisted as us. she needed us.

but the dark truth was we needed someone like her too.

someone beutiful, someone to hold, someone with a sharp mind, someone as brutal as us and yet a thousand times kinder. someone who could turn tables.

a candle that if you left her unattended she would burn your house down. and yet she warmed you up and brought you light.

someone like carmen fucking nystrom.

my favorite addiction.

i stared at her birth mother as disgust took over me. a pedophile, a fucking monster, a abuser, a fucking dead beat.

i wanted to show this woman premature hell before sending her there myself. why eden moretti had taken a liking to carmen was unspoken off, it was strange, they did not know each other before. 

mere blood relation another proof eden moretti mighty as she was, and powerful as she claimed. was just human.

a rare sight to see the woman threaten me to leave this monster live long enough for carmen to finnish the work. 

but eden moretti was powerful. 

and i would not thread wisely as to offend her or her supposed neice. who was my fucking wife, maybe not on paper. but she would be soon enough she was fucking mine. 

eden had no claim over my carmen. 

yet i had to admit this woman before me was carmens to kill if she wished. but if she told me to do it i would do it with pleasure and i would enjoy every single moment of it i knew nicolas felt the same as i did.

the thing before me was looking up at me sickly pleading. i did not hear a word she spoke her words did not matter. they would not spare her from us. 

'' be glad my carmen will wake up soon enough'' i said quietly yet my voice filled the room, it was dead and cold. how it had been before carmen.

how it still was without her. 

empty of anything. 

she shivered in her shackles. '' be fucking glad she is okay otherwise you would've known what dying a hundred times feels like'' i muttered. i didnt feel like speaking wth this thing any longer.

if i did i was afraid i would kill her.

i wanted to. 

the urge almost consuming me completely. 

fuck.

i left composed. walking right into carmens room. i stopped in my tracks instantly. she was awake. nicolas wasnt here. 

i didnt want him here right now. i needed carmen to myself for now. he could have her later. right now i needed her.

i stood still closed the door behinding me the lock clicking. she starred at me with slight fear but otherwise a loving gaze. '' you left.'' i statet matter of factly.

she lowered her gaze. she opened her mouth to speak but no words came out. i let my coldness slip from my body as i walked towards her scooping her up in my arms craddeling her close to my chest.

i felt all brutality leave my body as i felt her soft breathing against my bare neck. my skin turning hot from her breath her small hands wrapping around me as i felt tears trickle down her cheeks and onto my shirt. 

i was no longer angry.

i was no longer hurt i just wanted her close forever. '' make it up to us '' i whispered into her dark soft hair. like fucking silk i swear. '' marry us '' i muttered.

i felt her freeze in my hold for a moment before she simply snuggled further into me she didnt answer. she did not need to it was not a question after all. but rather a statement that she was gonna marry us. 

but then again she didnt protest either.

i felt as she slowly dosed off again, not into a sleep but rather a peaceful state where she was just craddled in my arms laying silently as if she was a tired baby.

my baby.

my sweetest little baby.

fuck baby.

the kid upstairs, fuck. the thought just now hit me, carmen would not let that child go i knew it already. she would not let anyone else care for that kid. 

and now that i thought about it neither would i. 

i wouldt like anyone else tkaing care of the kid after everything. 

not when carmen was already attatched. i refused. and nicolas just had to fucking agree. but i was sure he would.

speaking of the devil he entered with a furious look on his face directed at me. the sound of the door opening made carmen flinch and snuggle closer to me in fear.

poor little thing.

'' you bastard'' he muttered to me as he walked up to carmen taking her from me. it was like having your favortie candy snatched from you i almost cried. i almost fucking cried from the loss of touch from her.

she had tear stains on her checks as nicolas sat down on the bed with her on his lap. '' cara mia'' he said softly brushing her curls away from her face. 

her head dropped slightly.

she was still tired i noticed now. drained even. '' lets take a nap yeah?'' i suggested as nicolas nodded placing a half asleep carmen between us. 

everything would be alright.

we would all be okay.

i knew it now.