Sam

September 2023

I was running through the woods. I saw a house. I ran and i ran and i...
I stopped. I stopped running. Why did i stop. I have to run from whatever is in that forest. I couldnt move. Whatever that is its close and its gonna get to me. The house was getting further and further away from me but i was still not moving. As the hause was getting farther, the tree that was once in front of the house was now moving forward. there was something hanging. No. There was someone hanging. Then i realised. Where is Colby.
Please let that be anyone but Colby.
The tree was getting closer and closer and my vision was getting blurrier and blurrier from the tears. I could barely move. I managed to move my arms and wipe my tears. Then i saw that it wasnt someone hanging. It was something with someone on it i couldnt quite make it out. As it got closer i could see that there were swings. There were two children.
One blond and a brunette. I couldnt make them out. As the tree got closer i realised it was Colby and I. We looked to be around 15.
I was crying and Colby was conforting me . I didnt understatnd why i saw what i saw. Then it just cut to the conjuring house. We were outaide and Colby was conforting me the same way he did when we were 15.
I still didnt know why im seeing this. Is this real? Am I real? What is this. I was starting to panic. Then I rememebered whatever was chasing me in the woods, it must be still looking for me. Then a felt an arm on my shoulder and realised this was the end. I was going to die. Maybe death wasnt a bad thing. Maybe I deserve it. My father would be so disapointed in me. I heard Colby's voice. What?
"Why do you keep running?" it was coming from behind me. I was running from Colby.
"What do you mean?" i was trying not to cry.
"From me. From everyone on that."
"Im not running from anyone. And im most definetley not running from you."
Then i heard a voice. It wasnt Colby's. It was mine.
"Look at you Sam. So pathetic. Barely eat anything." i felt an inexistant itch on my arms again. I felt the need to scratch myself. To do anything to make me feel.
Anything.
Feel.
Make.
Scratch.
Anything.
Arm.
Hurt.
Anything.
Cut.
Me.
Anything.
"Why do you keep running?" i heard again
And again.
And again.
Everything was spinning.
"Why do you keep running?"
Everything was spinning.
"Im not running"
"Wrong. Why do you keep running?"
"What do you keep running from?"
Anything.
Feel.
What.
Who.
Running.
Anything.
Everything.
Spinning.
Hurt.
Loud.
There was a loud pitch in my ears.
And I realised.
I wasnt running from someone. I wasnt running from Colby.
I was running from something. I was running from my feelings. From my feelings for Colby.
Everything was quite.
"Sam. Sam!" i heard Colby's voice.
"Yes?"
"What do you keep running from?"
"My feelings. For you."
"Why?"
"You dont see me the way I see you."
Then I felt my body relaxing.
And i started crying.
And i started running.
And i kept running.
And I ran and i ran.
I ran from my best friend.
I ran from my fellings.
I ran from my feelings for my best friend.
I ran and i didnt look back.
Knowing that there was no point in looking back.
I knew deep down that id do anything for him. Not caring if he would do that for me too.
Knowing that he will never se me the way i see him.

And that hurt the most.

630 words
I tried something new
yall im locked in 🤑🙏