I Wrote A Song

The musical swan princess is feeling more musical than ever on this particular day. She's playing a melody on the piano while Paul is in another room working on his music. A knock on the door occurs, so Amanda looks through the peep hole to see who's there before answering. It's Alise's boyfriend and tulip farmer, Lucas, who's holding a bouquet of tulips.

"Hi, Amanda." Said Lucas. "Lucas! Long time no see! What are you doing here?" Asked Amanda with a smile. "I was about to bring Alise some more tulips, but then I heard music coming from your room." Lucas said. "Music travels, that's for sure. Anyway, I'm glad you stopped by, there's something I have to tell you. Heck, not just you, I'm gonna tell everyone!" Amanda said.

Lucas enters the room as the swan princess invites him in, then they sit on the couch. "Before you say what you're about to tell me, I'd like you to have these." Said Lucas. He hands Amanda the bouquet he was holding. "These tulips are beautiful! And very purply. Did I mention purple is my favorite color?" Asked Amanda. "Is it really?" Lucas asked. "It is. Paul and I are due for new flowers anyway, because the winter roses we picked back in January died when spring came." Amanda said. She puts the tulips in the empty vase.

"Winter roses?" Asked Lucas. "Yeah, they're pretty rare. And they only bloom in the winter, which explains their name." Said Amanda. "Ah. Anyway, what was that music I heard earlier?" Lucas asked. "That was me on the piano." Amanda said. "You play an instrument too?" Asked Lucas. "Two instruments, actually." Said Amanda. "I'm guessing the piano is one of them?" Lucas asked. "Yep, and the other is guitar. Paul inspired me to get into music." Amanda said.

"Amazing! Alise said you came from an inspiring family." Said Lucas. "She's right. Queen Odette inspired me to follow my heart, while King Derek inspired me to be a fighter." Said Amanda. "Wow!" Lucas said. "Have you ever thought about playing an instrument like how Alise plays the harp?" Amanda asked. "Not really, I'm more of a hollow-log-and-stick kind of guy." Said Lucas.

Amanda giggles. "Okay, are you ready to hear what I've never told anyone?" She asked. "I'm listening." Lucas said. Amanda pauses for a brief minute for dramatic effects until she's finally ready to speak up. "I wrote a song." She said. "You wrote a song? When?" Asked Lucas. "It was during the fifth year of mine and Paul's separation." Said Amanda.

Lucas didn't say anything for a moment. "How come you never told anyone?" He asked finally. "I wanted to keep it private, but now that my siblings and Alise have become more acquainted with Paul, considering he's now part of our family, I thought today was the day they hear my long kept secret." Amanda said. "Gee." Lucas said. "As of today, you're the first person to hear what I never told a soul." Said Amanda. "I didn't think I would be, but thanks for sharing." Said Lucas.

The door to the other room opens as Paul steps out. "Lucas?" He said. "Hey, Paul. I was delivering tulips until I heard music coming from this room, then Amanda revealed she was playing her piano." Lucas said. 

"We have a new bouquet now too." Amanda said. "Tulips?" Asked Paul. "Uh-huh, aren't they pretty?" Asked Amanda. "They're absolutely beautiful! Lucas, my lad, I'm glad you brought us these. The winter roses we picked back in January wilted after spring had sprung." Paul said. "So I've heard. Anyway, I better get going, can't forget about giving a bouquet to Alise." Said Lucas. "See you later, Lucas." Amanda said. The young tulip farmer exits the apartment after a few more goodbyes.