Chapter 6: Poor Scarlet.

Glacier's POV:
Scarlet was shaking. The sobs that came out of her really hurt my heart. I held her close and rockked her gently as Elsa left us.

"Oh, Scar," I held her. "I"m sorry."

"It's not your fault, Glace," sobbed my friend. "I'm glad I have a friend like you."

"Aww," I said. "I'm always here. So is Elsa, Winter, Alaska and the younger girls. As well as Shelby and Button."

Scarlet looked up and then looked at me.

"You do have a kind heart, Glace." She patted me gently on the shoulder. "Thank you! You are really a great person."

I smiled. "You are too!"

I held her close soaking my dress. But I didn't care in the slightest.

***

Back in Sparkle, the other five girls stayed away. The younger girls went to their room getting ready for dinner. Alaska went to the room that Winter and Scarlet were. Winter also went in their room.

"Hey," said Elsa gently to Scarlet. "Are you okay, now?"

"No," sniffled our friend. "I feel that Winter doesn't care about me."

"Oh, honey," I said. "It's okay. You have us."

The two dogs were in our little room. Shelby noticed that her mistress was upset and tried to get up. I smiled and knelt down.

"Come, girl," I said tapping my lap.

The husky pup came over and climbed into my lap. Scarlet came over and hugged me, petting her friend.

"See," I said as Shelby went onto her lap. "Shelby loves you!"

Shelby whined. She didn't like seeing Scarlet upset. Bless her.

***

Later, I was alone. Elsa took Scarlet and Shelby for a long walk with Luna. I guess all three girls had something in common, now. My heart really went out for the three of them. Button who was with me trotted over and nuzzled me.

"Hey, girl!" I hugged the pooch. "Ah, want to play?"

I felt the tug toy in her mouth. Then I grabbed the bit I was meant to tug.

"Ready, girl?" I asked the husky cross.

Button whimpered excitedly. So I gently tugged. She playfully growled as I did so. I couldn't help but giggle.

"Glace?" Came Alaska's worried voice. "Can I come in?"

"Come in, Wolfie!" I said, still giggling.

The door opened and my twin walked in, alone.

"Hey," she said. "Is Scarlet okay?"

"No," I sighed. "Okay-okay, girl."

I kept playing with Button as Alaska sat down.

"Bless her," she sighed. "We will look after her."

"What's up with her and Winter?" I pondered.

"Apparently," said Alaska. "Winter thinks that Scarlet is playing with her."

"Wait ... what?" I asked. "Like using her? That's not true. Scarlet is going through mourning. Winter is in the wrong there."

"That's what I thought," said Alaska. "Scarlet isn't one of those people that would do that."

We both sighed and I continued to play tug with Button. Alaska giggled.

"I guess she brought you the toy, Glacie?" She asked.

"Aha," I said. "Bless her."

The door opened and Elsa came in, looking angry. She was followed by Scarlet who was in tears again, Shelby in her arms. Oh great! Now what?

————

A/N:

Here is chapter 6. Probably not quite as bad as chapter 5 but still tricky to write.

Chapter 7 and 8 will be out this weekend.

Wolfie out

Glacier Freya Baker - At Mill Brook book 2 -(ongoing)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara