Chapter 1

I was eating breakfast at my apartment, watching the news when it all happened. News reporter was saying "It looks like pale humans with red eyes are running around ripping whatever they see into pieces. I almost want to say they look like vampires or zombies, but they are not eating their victims. "

At the time, I thought may be it was some sort of prank because it was April 1st. Later that day, I learned it wasn't some prank the town in North Carolina got together to do. It was real, after they killed one of them and brought it back to a lab for tests. They found chemical 13x in it, which was the chemical the government had been
working out to help cure cancer.

News got out about the government just dumping chemicals into the ocean which lead to a huge riot, but the riot got attacked by the mutants because the noise drew their attention. There were over 500 more mutants after that.

Now let's get back to my story, the day after the outbreak. I still decide on walking to class, I only live 3 blocks away from my collge. Plus the incident was 3 states away, no big deal I thought. On my way, I witnessed a car accident and I called it in. Well it turns out, you can still carry the infection with you without being one. One of the people were from North Carolina in that accident and he turned.

I heard a growl, "Umm hello? Sir, please stay calm. I called for help." I said to the man. I didn't expect for anyone to survive that accident. I heard another growl. "Sir, it is going to be alright." I started walking up to the man to may be help him out and boy, did I fuck up by that choice.

The man saw me and busted his way out of the car to attack me and pinned me to the ground. The tried to bite me, but I used my feet on his chest to keep him pushed back. Then he took his nails and scratched my arms up. Now I know I said that he didn't bite or any body fluids entered my system and it didn't, he just scratched me up.

When my legs started to get weak and he was almost able to bite me. I heard a shot and the weight on my legs collapse to the ground, an officers and paramedics for the accident arrived and took me and the other man from the car to the hospital. That's when I fallen unconscious.