Chapter 16

Harry's peaceful dreams were interrupted by the overhead light being snapped on and the loud voice of a stranger approaching his bed. His words were muddled, and Harry couldn't stop the scream that escaped his mouth, glancing over to where Liam's bed was meant to be. It wasn't there, instead there was a bunk bed. He frantically sat up, turning for Niall's and that's when he pieced everything back together.

"Oh, God. You made the new kid wet the bed," someone grumbled, jumping off the top bunk to the ground, and the stranger ignored him,

"I asked if you have seen Lucian, this is serious." Sully tapped his chin with his forefinger in deep consideration,

"Hmmm. No, I don't think so."

"I haven't either," Charlie said meekly, sitting up on the bed across from Harry's. He held his head in his arms, embarrassed for freaking out, scooting further back against his pillow.

"What happened?" A new voice demanded, pushing into the room, the only voice he knew well enough to recognize by ear. He looked up and saw Liam kneeling beside him, concern written upon his face.

"I'm fine, just got startled," he assured, feeling his cheeks heat up in humiliation. Liam ran his fingers through his hair soothingly before nodding and standing back up,

"Lucian obviously isn't up here. Nate and Silvio are checking downstairs for him."

"If he's not up here then he's run away," Sully announced, "He's never been up early in his life."

"Thank you for that, Sullivan," the stranger grumbled, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Get ready for the day, all of you. I've got to make some calls." He then paced out of the room, shutting the door halfway behind him.

"What's going on?" Harry asked of no one in particular but looked at his brother when he spoke, wondering how long he had been awake.

"Some kid ran off last night," he replied, eyes studying him as he got to his feet, "Get dressed, Bud. Breakfast and then school, that much hasn't changed." Harry nodded and shakily went to their shared dresser, grabbing some jeans and a sweatshirt from the drawers. Liam didn't linger around for long, disappearing back down the hall, probably to get more information from someone.

"Hey, you didn't actually pee yourself, did ya?" Sully hissed from behind him, amusement lacing his words. Harry shook his head, embarrassment taking over again,

"N-no. Sorry for yelling."

"Yeah, we don't have room for two babies here. I've already got to deal with Chuck, don't you start joining him." Harry glanced over to Charlie, whose face turned a light shade of pink, but he didn't stick up for himself, instead going back to changing out of his pajamas. Sully quickly popped into a pair of black jeans with tears in the knees and an oversized gray sweatshirt before stalking out of the room.

"Don't let him talk about you like that," Harry suggested, looking back to him, frown remaining on his lips.

"I don't mind it," Charlie assured, pulling a hoodie on, "Sully's not a bad guy."

"Doesn't seem like a saint to me," Harry replied, stuffing his pajamas into one of the drawers to the dresser, "Not very nice people who stay here, huh?"

"Sully's just from a rough house, he really means fine, and the others aren't so bad either," Charlie insisted, putting both his hands in the pouch of his hoodie. Harry shrugged and stepped for the door,

"If you say so." He heard the younger boy shuffle after him, so he waited outside their room for him to catch up.

"So, why are you here?" Charlie asked, hurrying to his side. Harry blinked over at him and shrugged again,