Genres

DO NOT FILL YOUR FORMS OUT HERE

DO NOT FILL YOUR FORMS OUT HERE. These are just the definitions of the genres that are accepted at these mini awards. 

-

HORROR

What do The Shining, Rosemary's Baby, and The Call of Cthulhu have in common? They succeed in scaring whomever is watching. Blood, gore, monstrous creatures, and bloodcurdling screams are common elements of horror stories that leave you unable to sleep at night.

MYSTERY/THRILLER

Think Murder on the Orient Express, Gone Girl, and The Silent Patient. These heart-pumping books leave you on the edge of your seat, doubting the characters and wondering what will happen next...

PARANORMAL

Why are Dracula, The Haunting of Hill House, and Coraline hailed in today's society? Because they explore the world beyond our own. Ghosts, vampires, witches, and demonic beings make us learn something about ourselves and the lives we live.

DARK ROMANCE

Wuthering Heights, Gothikana, and Forbidden shouldn't make us want to root for the characters to get together...but they do. Anti-heroes, morally gray heroines, and tragedy are paramount in these stories.

-

NOTES

Subgenres are eligible to enter as well. For example, if your story falls under, say, sci fi-horror, you can enter your book.

WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING FANFICTION, SHORT STORIES, OR POETRY AT THIS TIME.