Prologue

Bailey and Charlie pushed their grocery cart down the aisle of the local supermarket, discussing what to get for easy meals for when Bella arrived in town. Charlie's cooking skills weren't exactly gourmet, and Bailey knew they needed to stock up on some easy options for the times he couldn't cook.

"Okay, what do you think about grabbing some of these frozen dinners?" Bailey asked, gesturing towards the freezer section. "They're quick, and you don't have to worry about messing them up."

Charlie nodded. "Good idea. Do you think Bella would like them? She's a bit picky about some things, but I don't remember her having an issue with frozen meals before."

"I think she'll be fine with them," Bailey assured him. "We could also grab some pasta and sauce, maybe some pre-cooked chicken to make it even easier. What do you think?"

Charlie gave her a thumbs up. "That works. Let's grab a few boxes of pasta and different sauces, just in case. We can always add some veggies if we need to."

As they filled the cart with essentials, Bailey made sure to include a mix of options for both her and Bella. They picked out some microwavable rice, canned beans, and other easy-to-make foods.

"Think that'll be enough for now?" Bailey asked, glancing at their almost full cart.

"Yeah, I think we're good," Charlie replied. "We'll figure out the rest once Bella gets here and we see what she wants."

"Sounds like a plan," Bailey said with a grin. "Let's check out and get back home before it starts raining again."

Charlie chuckled. "That's a good call. This Forks weather doesn't mess around." Together, they made their way to the checkout, ready to face another rainy day in Forks with a fully stocked pantry.

After scanning their items and paying, Bailey and Charlie loaded the groceries into the trunk of Charlie's cruiser. As they drove back home, Bailey couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation for Bella's arrival.

"So, any special plans for when Bella gets here?" Bailey asked, breaking the silence in the car.

Charlie shrugged. "Not really. Just want to spend some quality time with her, you know? Maybe watch some movies or take her out to dinner."

Bailey nodded. "Yeah, that sounds nice. I'm sure she'll appreciate it."

They pulled into the driveway and unloaded the groceries, taking them into the house. Bailey helped Charlie organize everything in the kitchen, making sure they had easy access to the meals they had picked out.

"I think we're all set," Bailey said, surveying the stocked shelves. "Bella's gonna love it."

Charlie smiled gratefully. "Thanks for your help, Bailey. I appreciate it."

"No problem, Dad. Just doing what any good sister would do," Bailey replied with a wink.

As Bailey and Charlie finished putting away the groceries, Charlie took a moment to sit back in one of the kitchen chairs, watching Bailey move around the kitchen. He seemed to be lost in thought for a moment.

"You know, it's been a while since we all got to spend time together like this," Charlie mused.

Bailey smiled. "Yeah. It'll be nice to have Bella around for a bit. I was starting to get used to having the house to ourselves, though."

Charlie chuckled. "That's true. But it's going to be great having the three of us under one roof again, even if it's just for a little while."

Bailey nodded in agreement. "I guess we'll have to make the most of it while we can. Maybe we can go for a hike or something if the weather holds up."

"Sounds good to me," Charlie said. "Forks is beautiful this time of year, even if it's always a little wet."

Bailey smiled. "Exactly. We'll just need to pack extra jackets."

Charlie laughed at that. "Always prepared, just like your mom used to be." He paused, his smile softening a bit. "Well, as long as you don't get sick of us while Bella's here."

Bailey shook her head. "Nah, we'll be fine. It's not every day I get to see my big sister, you know?"

"That's the spirit," Charlie said, standing up and giving Bailey a gentle pat on the shoulder. "Thanks again for your help today. We'll make sure Bella feels at home when she gets here."

"Of course, Dad. I'm looking forward to it," Bailey replied, offering Charlie a small smile. They both knew the next few days would be a nice change of pace with Bella around.