I: Soulmate

💚💚💚💚💚

'It's hard to explain what I feel
I don't wanna live without you another day
If you only see what I see
You turn all my darkness into a better place'

💚💚💚💚💚

A soulmate is a person who holds a piece of your soul and you theirs. They are the perfect person for you, someone you are destined to be with and can never live without. With that being said, they are incredibly rare with very few cases being documented and as such not much is known about them.

There is a way to identify soulmates, however. In documented cases, soulmates tend to have a mark somewhere on their body which can be identifiable to link to the person they are destined to be with. The marks can be anything from a type of star constellation to a landmark affiliated with the person. They can also be any size though it is said that the smaller the mark, the more powerful the love and attraction tends to be.

Though very rare, a soulmate tends to be rewarded to people who have done notable good deeds or are destined to do so in the future, soulmates after all are decided and destined to be by the fates. Notable in the few known soulmate pairing are Jay and Joan Garrick, Jay having been the first Flash and part of the original Justice League – the Justice Society of America.

When soulmates are near, they tend to feel their soul mark begin to itch signalling their proximity. The connection only establishes when their eyes land on each other. The sense of attraction is immediate and there will be a sense of emotional attachment straight away. The feeling has been described as 'feeling as though I have known them for decades though it has only been a few seconds'.

For a soulmate bond to truly be complete, the couple must first accept each other. Not many cases have been known where the pair reject the bond though the few documented cases have said that the pair felt empty and incomplete. No partner will ever feel the same or as right as their soulmate would have hence the sense of loneliness which will accompany the rejection. A soulmate can also fight against the rejection though this is considered to be unwise, it can bring immense pain to both soulmates though the pain will feel more intense for the person wishing to reject the bond.

The second step to completing the bond is, of course, to be intimate with the partner. This step should wait until the pairing have both reached consensual age. However, there are multiple ways to being intimate such as emotional intimacy. Being vulnerable with your bonded is highly recommended and strengthens the bond immensely, low physical intimacy such as physical affection (i.e. holding hands, simply touching one another, kissing) can also help strengthen the bond.

Once linked completely, the pairing will feel complete and completely connected. They will feel immense happiness whenever they're near or with each other. The soulmate will become the closest person to them, one of the few people that they feel safe enough to be completely vulnerable with.

Depending on the strength of the bond, depends on the effects it will have on the pairing. In some cases, pairing have only been known to feel the basic effects such as emptiness when the soulmate is far from them and able to feel low levels of their emotions through the bonds. More intense bonds can lead to the pairing being able to hear each other's thoughts, affect their emotions no matter the distance and feel their pain (both emotional and physical).

To every positive there must also be a negative, that is the simple way of balance. Once bonded, no matter if the couple breaks apart or separates, the pairing can never feel as intimate or connected to their partner as they did their soulmate. There have been some documented cases where intimacy with another person caused both soulmates to feel immense pain. In addition to this, there will always be an empty spot that only their soulmate can feel.

If a soulmate were to die before they meet their partner, the soulmark on the living partner will turn dark and bruise around the edges to signify their soulmate's death. This will not affect the living partner too much. However, if the soulmates have met but not bonded, they will feel the same feeling of emptiness as though they had rejected the bond themselves. Finally, if the soulmates have been bonded, the soulmate left alive will become emotionally dead meaning that they won't feel anything for the rest of their life. The soulmark will have the same effect as being unbonded though it will also burn immensely.

There have been documented cases where bonded soulmates who have had their partner die have been driven into insanity.

Many who are lucky enough to have been branded with a soulmark have spent much of their life searching for their partner to only have been in proximity of them once or twice but not met them. Soulmates are destined to meet at least once in their lives be it near the beginning, middle or end but what happens after that is up to the pairing and the fates.

Soulmates, by Inza Cramer