𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

(𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕)

The sound of knocking reverberated through Thomas' flat.

Guy man was setting down some snacks on the coffee table, then making sure his hair was in place, by pushing it to the side.

Thomas ran from the kitchen to the door, mentally preparing himself for not only the way she would be acting around him, but the way guy man would feel when he confessed and she didn't reciprocate the feelings.

Opening the door, natalie appeared. She had curled her hair slightly, despite this meeting being pretty casual. she wore a denim skirt and a tank top.

"Hey.." Thomas said smiling a bit. He opened the door fully allowing her to walk in.

As she walked in, she smiled shyly and pushed some hair behind her ear. " Hey.. it's nice to see you again Thomas. I forgot how cute...-" natalie then stopped mid sentence.

Thomas raised his eyebrows slightly, closing the door, feeling the back of his neck.

"Your place is..." she said walking down the hall.

Thomas sighed in relief. Of course.. she would say that.. and not that she thought he was cute.

She walked into the living room and guy man walked to her. Embracing him in a friendly hug, guy man hugged her back

"You smell.. really nice." Guy man said quietly to her, then pulling away.

Natalie took this as being platonic and so laughed a bit. "Thanks.. it's actually a new perfume."

thomas then followed behind and sat on the couch, popping some popcorn in his mouth from the snacks guy man put on the coffee table.

As Thomas sat down, Natalie followed and sat next to him, holding her rented movie up with an amused smile.

As guy man also sat down , on the other side of Thomas, he looked at the movie.

"Top.. gun?" Guy man said raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah.. I'm a big fan of this movie. What about you... thomas?." she said, now looking at Thomas with a slight smirk.

"Y-yeah!.. top gun. awesome movie." Thomas replied - his expression reading someone who was trying to cover a frown with an uncomfortable smile.

Thomas shifted a bit uncomfortably on the couch then subtly, to guy man, gestured his head towards Natalie as if to say "sit next to her instead."

And so, as Thomas took top gun and knelt by the tv to put it in, guy man shifted his body closer to Natalie on the couch.

As guy man moved towards her on the couch, he felt his stomach twisting and turning. Could be really confess tonight? If felt so daunting.

"Guy man.. are you okay?.." Natalie said, noticing guy man's forced smile plastered on his face

"Yeah.. yes. Why- why wouldn't I.. be?" He said, with a laugh, then itching the back of his head.

"No.. you .. just.. nevermind." Natalie said dismissively waving her hand. She pat guy man's back.

Guy man bit the inside of his mouth as she did that. Then nervously sighed.

Thomas had inserted the movie and now and heaved himself back on the couch, sitting beside guy man, and as he reached for the remote on the coffee table, Natalie leaned forward a bit.

"Thomas.. come sit next to me!.." she said, with an enticing smile.

As he held the remote his eyebrows briefly furrowed - then noticing guy man's hopeful expression shook his head a bit.