𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞.

(𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕)

"Hello?" Laura's voice said, as she picked up the phone.

Guy man cleared his throat a bit, forcing words out of his mouth.

"H-hey... Laura it's me. Guy-man. Sorry to call so late."

Guy man spoke hesitantly, then taking a quick drag of his cigarette. His grip loosened on the phone a bit as he waited for a response.

"Guy man?." Laura sat up on her couch, turning down the tv. Laura ran a hand through her hair.

"Are you alright?.." she asked. She crossed her legs on the couch, beginning to hear sounds of music and cars whizzing by.

"Where are you?." she asked.

Guy man coughed a bit, then sighed. He looked around himself then put a hand on top of the payphone.

"Just.. out. Look.. um.. can I stay at yours tonight?.." he said, hoping he wouldn't run out of time on the phone.

Laura nodded to herself.

"Yeah.. yeah okay. Are you okay guy man? I thought you were staying over at-"

"Yeah well.. he.. and I... aren't talking at the minute." He said, taking another drag of his cigarette frowning.

"Wait what? Why?" Laura said raising her eyebrows. She moved herself closer to the phone base.

"I'll.. I'm going to run out of time on this payphone. I'll be at yours in half an hour or so..." guy man then dropped his cigarette and crushed it with his shoe.

"Oh.. alright. Just.. tell me what happened when you get here." Laura said worriedly now. She looked down at her hand as she then heard guy man hang up the call.

She placed the phone down, and then tried to face back to the tv. But she couldn't concentrate now.

"What happened between Thomas and guy man?" She thought curiously.

——-♥︎
Thomas impatiently stood in line for the dance venue. The people behind him in the line were laughing and talking excitedly.

How the hell could Thomas feel any degree of excitement at the moment?  Hearing everyone around him waiting to go inside sounding so carefree irritated him.

He sighed slightly, then burying his hands deeper into his pocket and his breathing becoming more and more shallow.

Eventually going inside, the humidity of the packed venue washed over him, and the jumping of the crowd shook Thomas' already wrecked mind.

He pushed through some of the crowd, and felt people brush against his jacket and arms.

"GUY MAN!" he instinctively tried to shout. But his words were stolen by the loud music blasting from the sheer amount of speakers that were placed around the venue.

He shoved through more people, eventually reaching the small bar tucked inside the venue. He threw himself out of the crowd and caught his breath.

He frantically turned his head towards the outer sides of the venue but only saw drunk people passed out on small chairs, or couples making out.

"Ugh.." Thomas thought.

The music blasting in the venue rung in his ears and numbed his thinking.

"I can't believe I thought guy man would be here.." he thought again, defeatedly.

His eyes travelled along the bar one last time and then he prepared himself the shove through the dancing people in an attempt to leave the venue.

——— ★

Guy man approached Laura's doorstep and then hazily knocked on her door.

The cool breeze of the evening streamed through his hair as he waited for Laura to open the door, and he cleared his throat.

Laura quickly rushed out from her bedroom after changing into her pajamas.

Guyman heard her keys twisting and unlocking the door.

Laura was wearing a concerned expression and a blue pajama set. She, without talking, just opened her door to let guy man walk in.

With a straight and blank expression he walked inside and stood in the hallway as she closed the door behind herself.

Laura's house was decorated eccentrically.

The art on the walls left for the minds appeal to decipher its beauty, while colourful stained glass lamps stood and radiated hues of red, blues and pinks. Her curtains were patterns of purple and blue intertwining and swirling together, whilst on the contrast, the rug in her living room was green.

They both silently walked into her living room.

Her living room smelt of incense and her couch was lying comfortably beneath a vividly coloured knitted blanket.

Guy man hopelessly sat on her couch and she followed behind, putting her legs up on the couch.

"So... are you going to tell me what happened between you and thomas?.." she asked.

Guy man exhaled slowly then with a quick movement swept some hair from his face.

"Well.. thomas and Natalie ... kissed." He blankly stated, then looking over at Laura.

Her eyebrows raised.

"W-wait... what? But I thought Thomas knew you liked her." Laura inquired.

"Yeah well.. when I walked in on them kissing, Thomas just jumped away and shouted : what the hell?!.. so I take it Natalie just kissed him first."

Laura exhaled in frustration. " that probably means Thomas doesn't like her guy man! Don't punish your best friend for something Natalie did. Or how she feels."

Guy man shook his head.

"It's not that.. I just... I'm just jealous that Natalie liked him instead of me. That's all." He admit, trying to hide his face.

Laura looked down at her hands for a moment then looked back to guy man.

"Yeah.. Natalie liked him a lot. She always kept coming to me about ways to make it obvious she liked him so Thomas would notice."

Guy man raised an eyebrow.

"And.. what did you tell her?" He asked.

"I just told her to be herself.. look I couldn't just tell her that Thomas never saw her in that light."

This situation was now seeming to reflect the situation where Thomas had tried to tell guy man that Natalie wasn't interested but had failed.

"Right.." guy man muttered.

"Look I'm sorry.. really I am." Laura said sitting up more on the couch.

"I really wish I could make you feel better somehow."

Guy man, with a slight frown, looked up from his legs and then thought.

"There is something." He mumbled.