1.0

❝I feel certain that I am going mad again

VIRGINIA WOOLF

1.0 : ian doyle

OR

season 6, episode 17 : valhalla

IT IS JUST AFTER NOON AND FIN IS HAVING HER POST-LUNCH COFFEE WITH A SIDE OF GOOD NEWS. Blair is currently on the phone, telling her at length that Esther has done absolutely nothing since the message at the abandoned store in downtown Quantico.

"Like I said, no CCTV hits, no suspicious murders, no stolen vehicles or credit cards... She's laying low for the time being."

"That's good, at least." Fin pushes open the BAU office doors, holding the phone between her shoulder and her ear as she holds her coffee cup carefully in her free hand. "Any hits on the credit cards used to buy expensive camera equipment?"

"Not yet," Blair replies. "The problem is that a lot of people buy camera equipment in the D.C. area, and a lot of the stores are small boutique places who don't have digital records. It's taking our techs some time to compile a comprehensive list."

"Okay." Fin sighs. "Call me back when you have that list. I'd like to look through it with Agent Hotchner."

"Will do. Anything else you need?"

"I'm fine, Blair. I actually have to go, we've got a case." Fin pauses at the top of the stairs, lowering her voice so whoever's in the conference room already can't hear her. "Thanks for everything."

"No problem. Stay safe, Fin." And Blair hangs up.

Hotch glances up when Fin hurries into the conference room, shoving her phone into her pocket and dropping into the chair between Spencer and Penelope. "Great. Let's get started."

Fin frowns at the empty chair next to Morgan. "Where's Emily?"

"I don't know, but we don't have time to wait for her," Hotch replies. "Garcia?"

"Yes, sir." Penelope clicks a button on her remote, bringing up photos of two houses, clearly burnt, and severely damaged. "Two D.C. homes torched, two families, on the same night, last night."

"I'm surprised it still hasn't hit the news," Morgan says, frowning. "It's already midday."

"Yeah, all anyone's talking about is this storm that may or may not hit." Penelope says this with an air of disgust, as if disappointed in the media for covering a possibly massive snowstorm. "I managed to find an online article about the fires written by this guy, Jeff Hastings, but no one's running with it."