Chapter 2

Stiles POV
I pull up in the parking lot of Hungry Howies and walk in, there's only one person in the line. Most of the people that eat here order from home, so there's not many people in the restaurant. I scratch my chin and look up at the menu, I don't think I'm going to get a pizza. "Can I have a large turkey melt." The guy in front of me says to the lady working here, "Nice! That's what I usually get." I chuckle. The guy looks back at me, blinding me with his shiny white teeth. It's Jackson Whittemore! I try to keep my cool but my eyes gleam with excitement, I haven't seen him in a year or so. "Um, make that two please." He says looking back at the lady.

Jackson pays the lady and she says it will be 20 minutes at least. The lady nods and Jackson waves me over to follow him to a booth, "Wow! I never thought I would see you here, I just enrolled in some night classes over at the college" Jackson gleams. "You remember me?" I say practically almost choking over my drool, "Of course, you was the dopest water boy ever in Beacon Hills history!" He jokes. I giggle and say "Well the coach would never let me play so I wanted to be somewhat useful!" I reply overusing hand gestures. He laughs and then focuses on my hair, I uncomfortably laugh and look down at the table. Maybe my hair was a mess, maybe it's a rats nest, I didn't check it before I came in.

He reaches his hand in my hair and I flinch, "Relax, I'm just getting this out of your hair," he said showing me some of the fabric of my dying pillowcase. "Wow... How embarrassing..." I say conflicting life, I was always the basket case running around high school because I didn't take my Adderall. "I think it's cute..." He shrugs, I blush and giggle. "You seem a little different from high school?" He states, "Yeah, I actually started taking Adderall." I say. "Do you ever not take it?" He asks tilting his head, "No," I say playing with my thumbs, "I annoy Derek enough with taking it, imagine if I didn't take it... I'd be dead" I say with more harshness than intended. Why did I just say that? Why can't I just shut my mouth for once? I look up at him to read his expression, he just shrugs it off.

"Maybe you should forget to take your meds every once in a while?" He said furrowing his eyebrows. "Why?" I ask tilting my head, "because you're not acting like yourself..." He says looking at his folded hands and then looks at me. I run my hands through my hair and giggle, "Your cute" I exhale. His eyes spark up and he smiles at me. "Why would I do that, everyone already hates me because I'm to hyper. And that's with taking my meds..." I say looking down at the table drawing circles, he takes both of his hands and grabs my hand gently stopping my circle drawing. I gulp and he says "I don't hate you, I loved your hyperness in high school..." He confesses smiling at me. I blush, "that's the first time someone's ever told me that," I say trying not to cry.

"Whittemore?" The lady announces and he gets up and pays, I remain in my seat. "We can go and eat at my apartment, it's like 3 minutes away?" He asks, "Sure I'll drive," I said realizing his Porsche wasn't parked outside.

-----------------

I pull into the parking garage, Jackson grabs the pizza and we walk towards the apartment building. It's a 8 story building and it's on the beachside, Jackson hands me his key, I open the main door. He leads me to the elevator and pushes the 7th floor in the elevator, and then he leads me to his apartment. I walk in and it's huge, he sits the pizza down on the counter and runs over to the hallway and opens the door. He returns with a huge plain black beach towel, "Picnic on the beach?" He asks waving the towel. I gulp and nod, this is how I imagined our first date. I know it's not right to fantasize about other men while you're dating one. But it's harmless.I look at my phone and it's 7:46 P.M., also Derek texted me a picture of a fish he caught. I rolled my eyes and shoved it in my pocket, Jackson gave me a concerned look. "Come on," he says patting me on the back and I wince with pain, Derek gave me a huge bruise there. He caught on and hugged me, "why do you stay with him?" He asks and rests my head on his shoulder. "W-what" I stutter nervously, "come on, I can tell you have makeup on, and you flinch at everything." He says petting my head. "I-I don't know... I know he loves me, he just going through a rough time and he takes it out on me." I say hugging back, I push my head further onto his neck. "And how long has he been going through this rough time," he said without emotion, Jackson and Derek hated each other in high school. "Three years" I reluctantly say, he gulps and faces me towards him. "Stiles... That isn't love..." He furrows his eyebrows making me melt, "he just likes using you as a punching bag..." He says as a tear falls from both of our eyes. "Y-you don't know that," I say trying to defend Derek, "yes I do" he hugs me again "I know everything, I'm Jackson Whittemore Damnit!" He says making us both laugh.

We then walk down the to beach and eat, we talked for hours about what we've been up to since we graduated. I use to be taller than him but now he's 3 inches taller than me now. "My friend is having a party in a couple days, wanna come with me?" He asks and I agree. Before I left I hugged him, he feels better than I fantasized. "Come to me whenever he hits you again, you can stay here," he says drawing circles on my back with his fingers, I nod "I will... Thanks Jackson, bye." I say. "Text me when you get to your house." He orders.

He walks me to my jeep in the parking garage, I unlock the door. I then run to him, he's walking into the elevator as a call "Jackson!". "Yeah?" He says holding the elevator door open while I tackle him in a hug, "I'll forget to take my meds tomorrow" I say and gently kiss him on the cheek. I walk out of the elevator and look back at him, I see the shocked expression on his face. He blushes and gives me the biggest smile as the elevator door closes. I run to the jeep and rush my way to the house, I take a shower and change into my pajamas... The ones that Derek despises. I fall asleep just waiting for tomorrow, Jackson's picking me up at 9 P.M. Tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers that I don't screw anything up tomorrow, Stiles + Alcohol doesn't go well.

*Edited*