Chapter 6

We entered the village from the tree line and walked down the same road as the first time we visited. This time however, we had our guards incredibly high and no comments about being able to lift houses were made. Miles slowly placed animal sentries around the village to alert us if anything showed up.

Liam took a bit of time looking through some of the houses as the rest of us kept watch but he wasn't able to find anything more than what we had ourselves Any kind of change we had made to the houses or furniture were completely erased as it all went back to the perfect tidiness it had before. The notable change was recorded as we approached the massive doors of the longhouse.

Harrisons arms enveloped in a white light as he placed his hands on the door. He pushed with all his might and the doors only slightly moved. He grunted before applying more of the white light to his legs and trying again. With the power of his legs the door opened nicely.

The first thing I noticed after the doors opened was the 2 sets of massive tables and benches surrounding what looked like a fire pit. The tables were incredibly long and stretched nearly the whole length of the building. Both of them together could probably hold more than 50 people. I looked to the left and right and noticed smaller booths separated by meshed wood. In the booths were smaller tables along with chairs in sets of two.

"This place is massive!" Miles shouted. The longhouse echoed his words causing the rest of us to wince a bit.

"Shhh please don't yell." Sophia begged but Miles was already off.

He jumped off the ground and grabbed onto one of the support beams that connected the walls from the ceiling level and flipped onto it.

"There's more rooms up here," he pointed towards the other end of the longhouse. "Down there seems to be some boxes."

"We'll get to everything so you can be patient." I responded.

After my eyes drifted from Miles, I noticed tons of markings and paintings on the ceiling. Liam was already copying them into his book and moved around the room quickly to get a better view. I followed him as he walked down the incredibly long room.

We passed by some of the booths and reached the end of the firepit. There was coal in the bottom, like it was prepared to be used but like everything else in the village, there were no signs of people.

At the end of the long tables and benches a single chair and table stood at the head. The only carpet in the room sat under the table and chair. They were incredibly small compared to the rest of the furniture but obviously more important.

"There isn't really anything of note up here," said Sophia, who had joined Miles in the overhead rooms. "Just coal and spare metal bars to put over the fire."

Harrison shook his head. "This is underwhelming. I was expecting some kind of big reveal or secret from the way that you talked about it, Liam."

"This is pretty similar to the longhouses that I have been in before, but this is in incredibly good condition. The others were spotless but showed signs of deterioration so there were some things that were unclear." He pointed up at the ceiling. "You see all those people up there? We couldn't tell-"

"Those are people?" Harrison asked. He looked a bit confused and I could relate to the feeling.

"Yes I'm pretty sure they are, especially when you compare them to these markings on the other longhouses."

I walked back towards the door we came through while Liam flipped a few pages in the book and then showed us some of what I'm guessing was what his assistant had been sending him throughout the day that he didn't get the chance to show me.