Ms. Gomez

Emma blinked. Lillian had never said anything like this to anyone before. The fact that she was the first one, made her sad.

"Fine, I won't bother in the future, and you should really wash your pants, B****" she said coolly. She rode away on her bike, blinking back tears. She didn't want to go home though, so she rode over to the park. She could hear frequent shouts that she supposed were made from Lillian and Derek. Then when she was about 6 minutes away from the park, she heard a terrible scream, made by Lillian.

She started to ride back, she didn't care what horrible things Lillian had said to her, she had to stand up for her! She was going to be hurt, and she couldn't let that happen!

"Lillian!!! I'M COMING" she bellowed. She hoped that Lillian would hear her. In response to Emma, Lillian gave another scream.

"I'M COMING!!!"

When she got to them, Lillian was being dangled upside down by Derek, and Derek was laughing.

"STOP! PLEASE!!!" she yelled. She hadn't noticed Emma yet, and Emma was thankful, she didn't want Derek to know that she was there.

"Emma! YOU'RE HERE!!! HELP!!" She yelled helplessly.

"Emma? Emma isn't here dummy look!!" he dropped Lillian on the ground and she screamed in pain. He laughed again and looked back. He grimaced as though he could not believe what he was seeing.

"Why are you here? You don't want to get hurt do you? And why do you want to help her? She called you a loser, when you were trying to stand up for her. She doesn't deserve it." Emma considered this for a moment, she didn't deserve it, but everyone had a right to get mad. Lillian didn't mean any of it, she had every right to say that, whether she meant it or not.

"She might not deserve it, but she's still a person. And a person shouldn't have to feel pain for those reasons Derek." she said. Lillian's eyes widened and began to look straight at Emma. Emma looked at her and smiled. Lillian blinked and then looked away from her.

"Ok...I warned you." Derek said sadly. Emma looked at him and glared. Derek made to punch her but she dodged, grabbed his hand and twisted. Derek screamed in pain.

"YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT ONE!" He screamed. He used his unhurt arm to punch Emma in the face. Emma wasn't ready for it, so he had succeeded that time. This time, Emma was too weak to do anything back, her eyes were slowly swelling. This time, Lillian came to Emma's rescue. Derek grabbed her throat, and closed tightly. Emma was gasping for air, suddenly, Lillian's foot swung out of nowhere, and Derek let out a shout of pain. Derek then aimed another punch at Lillian and she let out a blood curdling scream. He had punched her already swollen eye. Fortunately, just when he was about to punch them, a woman came running from the corner.

"I heard screaming!! What happe - " she stopped abruptly. She saw Derek, then looked at Lillian and Emma. She glared at Derek. She held out a hand to Emma, to help her up, then she did to Lillian.

"Hello! I'm Ms. Gomez. You can come with me, and then, we can clean you 2 up. As for you," she looked at Derek, "I'll be talking to your mother." she said.

"What's your name?" she asked Derek.

"Derek Smith." he muttered.

"What? I can't hear you!" she said.

"Derek Smith!" he said loudly. She walked them to her house, and helped them clean up. Derek waited in the sitting room, and then they left for his house. When they got there, his mother was waiting.

"Derek!" she said.

"Hello. Are you Miss Smith? I'm Cinthea Gomez. I was walking down the street, and I heard someone scream, I went to go see what was going on, and I saw that your son," she gestured to Derek, "Was kicking, and punching these 2 innocent children." she said.

Derek's mother looked absolutely furious.

"DEREK!! I never would have expected this from you! What was your reason for doing so, if you had one?" she shouted. He mumbled under his breath, looking embarrassed. If this weren't such a serious situation, then Emma would have laughed out loud, but she couldn't, she felt as if she had a head cold. Emma remembered something that Derek had said when she had been shouting at him.

"I know his reason..." she said quietly. Derek's mother smiled at her.

"Can you please tell me?" she said politely.

"I asked him why he was beating up Lillian, and he said 'It's more the fact that she exists, also her terrible looks'. That's what he said..." she said quietly. She looked up at his mother. She looked so mad, that she wouldn't be surprised if steam was coming out of her ears.

"DEREK WILLIAM SMITH!!! YOU ARE SOOOO GROUNDED!!!" she rounded on the girls. "I'm so sorry you went through this, I had no idea that he would do these things! I'll deal with him" she said glaring at Derek.

"I'll take these girls home, have a nice day miss!" Ms. Gomez said politely.

"Where do you 2 live?" she asked.

"Just down the street..." Emma said.

"Across the street from the park over there, but mom isn't home, and I don't have a key..." Lillian said.

"Oh! But why would you leave the house if you don't have a key and your mother isn't home?" Ms. Gomez asked.

"I was planning to go to the mall, and I wouldn't return till my mom got back..." she said, looking embarrassed.

"Do you have a friend's house you might be able to go to?" she asked.

Emma looked at Lillian.

"Well, Lia is in Cape Cod right now, but you can come to my house...If you want" Emma said awkwardly. Lillian looked embarrassed, and frightened, but nodded.