prologue

Friday night at Hogwarts was happening like always. Some students were fast in their beds, exhausted after a long school day. Some students were coming back from the library, cramming information for an exam they had in a week. Some students were all seated around their common rooms, laughing until tears welled up in their eyes. 

But on this particular Friday night at Hogwarts, something else was happening. Very discreetly, students were heading out into Hogsmeade in packs. Girls wore anything but their student uniform and robes as they latched arms and walked through the village, giggling to one another. Boys were walking behind them, excitedly chattering with one another about something foolish the other had done in McGonagall's class earlier. 

They all had one destination in mind: The Shrieking Shack. 

Normally this location created fear inside the gut of the students, and never would they dare step foot inside. But on this night, it was different. Sure, their was the linger of fear in the back of their minds, but nothing they would admit aloud to their friends. Not when a party was in the question. 

As Hogwarts was a school for teenage witches and wizards, a party here or there was inevitable. Most often the Professors knew about the parties, for when they occurred, the students had a hard time keeping the information quiet. But the Professors knew they had more things to worry about than keeping a hundred or so students away from a harmless party. Even Snape didn't go out of his way to bust his students. 

At the Shrieking Shack, two seventh year wizards were busy at work, flicking their wands to create the drab shack into a place fit for a large group of students to gather to drink and dance the night away. 

But little did the young witches and wizards of Hogwarts know what would happen at the party that evening. It would completely change their year. It would specifically change the year of six young witches, who would be thrown together to fight a common goal.