THE FALLEN

I get up to see a huge wave coming at me.

I run like hell, being scraped by countless branches. I make it to the beach, along with Sea, Snow, Bee, and Winter. The water stops at the tree line, remaining in the way of us returning. I guess they are tired of waiting, they want it to end, today. Winter suddenly starts running at Sea, they both begin fighting. Snow joins in, all three trying to kill each other. I try to help Sea, but am shoved to the ground by Bee.

She beats me with her fists, I pull out a knife, and hold it to her throat, she immediately stops moving. I push her off me and quickly slit her throat. For once, she looks at me with thanks. I guess she knew it could have been worse. I aimed so she wouldn't suffer. A cannon goes off mere seconds later. I wish it could have been different, I wish we could have been friends, hell, we might have been as close as siblings, but the games ruin any relationship within the arena and outside of it too.

I look over to the three boys, a cannon sounds as Winter falls. Sea and Snow continue fighting. He can't suffer. Not Sea. He can't. I take the knife I used for Bee and throw it to hit Snow in the neck, killing him instantly, the cannon sounds. Now, only Sea and I remain. "You should have let him kill me." He says. "You would have suffered." I say. He smiles. "You know, Dalton. I really love you. Your the best friend I have ever had, even though I've only known you for two weeks." He says. Tears well in my eyes.

He lets his own fall. "Give me a knife." He says. I begin shaking for the first time. I hesitate, and he notices. He smiles sadly at me. "One of us has to die, and I'm not letting it be you." He says, his voice trembling. I finally just drop my knife and kick it to him. He doesn't pick it up at first. He rushes to hug me tightly. "Thank you, for helping Rory, for helping me." He says. He hands me something. "Take this. You keep it. Don't give it to my parents, I want you to have it." He says. I don't look at it as I clutch it in my hand. I let pools of tears fall as I look him in the eyes. 

"Don't forget me, yeah?" He asks. "Never." I reply. He goes back over to his original spot. He picks up the knife. He smiles at me. "Look away?" He asks. "No," I say as tears brim my eyes. I won't look away from this, this is a memory of Sea that I need. A memory I need to keep the real enemy in mind. If it weren't for the Capitol, for President Snow, then none of this would be happening. Sea wouldn't be doing this, Rory wouldn't have had to die, neither would Dove. 

My family and district wouldn't have to live in fear of the games, worrying if they, their child, their sister or brother would be chosen to partake in a fight to the death to determine a victor for the Capitol to enjoy. "I love you, Dalton. Your basically my brother." Sea says his last words. He quickly stabs himself, he dies almost instantly. My ally, my friend, my brother...dead. The final cannon goes off. All this hell, so one can survive? Does a victor ever really win? Will Mags' words ring true and I will never be free of this hell? I survived. I won. But did I really? 

I fall to my knees and cry. I scream and sob. I can't make myself stop. I won't make myself stop. I will cry and scream and let all of Panem know, that I, the 57th Hunger Games victor, am crying for the ones who tried to kill me, my friends, or succeeded in killing them. I am soon taken from the arena by an aircraft, still crying for all those who I loved that died, and all those I barely knew that died as well. For all the tributes that suffered through this hell.

For my little sister, Rory;

For my traitor, Dove;

For my district partner, Bee;

For the boy that killed, Winter;

For the one that wouldn't kill until he had to, Snow;

For the girl that had a strange name, Paylor;

For the girl that died the first day, Octavia;

For the boy who begged, Archie;

For the 15 year old, Titus;

For the little boy on the rock climbing wall, Ivory;

For the girl that fought, Crane;

For the little charm, Trinket;

For the ghost like boy, Castor;

For the girl who had no luck, Clover;

For the girl that had no future, Oda;

For the boy who laughed too much, Gray;

For the rouge, Atlas;

For the girl that didn't know herself as anything other than her name, Jinx;

For the girl that almost made it out, Ena;

For the little girl that lasted longer than any of the 12 year old's, Tara;

For the jock, Mitch;

For the one who sacrificed himself, Reaper;

For my best friend and my brother, Sea.

None of you will ever be forgotten, none of you will ever suffer again, and none of you will ever have to wish for the odds to be in your favor.