Chapter 8: For goodness Sake.

Alaska's POV:

I felt sorry for Scarlet. Loosing her father the day before school started was tough. And now Winter was being a Bitch because of Scarlet being upset.

"What did she call me?" I asked, getting angry as Elsa told us what happened.

"A Weirdo," said Elsa.

I saw the look on Glacier's face. I felt angry, too!

"How dare she call me that. And You a bitch," I said.

"She called Scarlet one, too!" Elsa put an arm round the sobbing girl. "I feel sorry, Scar. You don't need that."

"I've lost hope," sobbed our friend.

"Don't be like that," said Elsa. "We are here for you."

Shelby whined.

"And your puppy," I pointed out.

Button looked a bit annoyed at that.

"And Button, too!" Glacier giggled.

She put the toy down. Then there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" Called Elsa.

"Arianna," came her voice. "Can I come in to talk to you girls?"

"Of course," said Glacier.

The door opened and Arianna came in. She looked serious.

"What have we done?" Glacier sounded worried.

"Nothing, darling," said Arianna. "We just need to talk about something important."

Scarlet looked at her. "Am I being picked up to go back to Inkwell?"

"No, darling," said Arianna. "Don't worry."

"Okay," said Glacier. "What's happened?"

"Me and David have been talking," said Arianna. "We think that because of what happened out there with Elsa and Winter, we are unfortunately sending her home."

We all looked at her.

"What she said was awful," said Arianna. "I heard everything."

"This evening has gone to the dogs," sighed Elsa. "Not literally. But it's getting worse."

"Alaska, honey," said Arianna turning to me.

"Yes," I said.

"Make me a promise," said Arianna looking serious. "Never let Scarlet out of your sight. And that goes for you, too, Elsa. Glacier, you keep an ear open for trouble."

We all nodded. "We promise," we all said.

"Scarlet," said Arianna hugging the heartbroken girl. "Keep Shelby with you. And cuddle Button, too if you need it. And I'm sure whenever Alaska is her dog, she'll let you cuddle her. Right, Alaska?"

"Of course," I said.

"Thank you," said Arianna. "I will tell Raven and Anna, too! But you four should stick together."

We all nodded. Then Arianna walked out.

***

Later, I was in mine and Scarlet's room. Shelby and Scarlet were also in there with me. The puppy was curled up on Scarlet's bed with her. I joined them.

"Hey," I said. "Want a cuddle?"

The younger girl nodded, tears still coming out. I put my arms round her and rocked her gently. I used to do this to Glacier when she got upset. Scarlet found it comforting and put her head on my shoulder.

"Is that better?" I asked her.

"Yeah," said Scarlet weakly. "Thank you, Wolfie."

"It's okay," I said. "Oh, hi, Shelby girl!"

Shelby joined the hug. I smiled. Then let the puppy get on Scarlet's lap.

"Bed time," I said.

Scarlet nodded and got up to get ready, putting Shelby on her dog bed. The puppy looked slightly annoyed.

——————

A/N:

Here is chapter 8.

What do you think of Winter's character, now?

Don't worry, she does learn the lesson.

See you for chapter 9 which is the first day of school!

Wolfie out!