11|| Is it Broken?

Evan was in the living room when we showed up. As soon as he saw us in the doorway, he raised his head from his phone and walked over to us.

"What did you do Cooper?" he asked sternly, dropping his phone on the table. Cooper was still supporting most of my weight, when he placed me on the nearest couch, which were everywhere, they were all pretty much the same.

 I didn't understand why Evan was mad at Cooper though, What did he do? I was the one that fell and got myself injured, he should be angry at me. I was too exhausted to say anything though and the pain continued to make my head achy and fuzzy.

"I didn't do anything! I told you that on the phone!" Cooper shouted back at Evan. I was starting to feel a little light headed to be honest and I hated arguing it brought back too many memories.

"Yeah, well you should have been more careful! And stayed with her instead of walking off!" Evan practically yelled. Cooper looked at him with wide eyes as if he had never seen Evan yell before. Evan must have noticed so he closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths to compose himself while pinching the bride of his nose.

"I'm sorry Coop. I know it wasn't your fault." Evan sighed, after 2 minutes of silence. For them it was just silence but for me it was painful silence. Had they forgotten that I needed Evan to look at my ankle? Eventually Evan snapped out of it and walked away to get something from the kitchen. Mumbling about ice or something. Cooper turned to me.

"I'm really sorry that happened. I should have waited for you, or at least helped you carry some of your things."

My head became really fuzzy from the pain and I didn't even realize what I'd said until it was too late. "Yeah you should have,"

Cooper raised his eyebrow at me. Then suddenly it's like my brain snapped out of autopilot.

Wait, did that just come out of my mouth? What the fuck is wrong with me.

Even when I'm in pain I take it out on other people and can't keep my mouth shut, I always regret it. Cooper looks hurt that I said that. He offered to carry me and carry my bags and my stubborn ass said no!

It's all my fault. I needed to say something before I mess up this sibling relationship when it hasn't even started.

"Cooper, I'm really really sorry. I don't know why I said that maybe the pain is making me crazy but I didn't mean it. It's not your fault at all. I'm the one that was clumsy and didn't let you help me. It's on me, if anything I deserve this broken ankle." Cooper looked at me quizzically but before he could reply, Evan walked back in carrying a first aid kit and a glass of water, to save us from having to say anything more. I turned away from Cooper's gaze to look at Evan.

"Ok I'm not entirely sure that your ankle is broken but we certainly aren't going to rule it out. I need you to put your leg on the couch so I can look at it better." Evan said calmly. And I didn't have to be told twice. I did as I was told and moved my foot from where it had been resting on one of the many coffee tables in front of me to the couch. I winced once my foot hit the cushiony fabric.

"Okay so I'm going to need you to be brave, can you do that?"

I sucked in a breath and nodded. Usually I would've glared or said something snarky but to be honest I didn't know if I could be brave right now. I was slowly crumbling and I needed to be pieced back together. Starting with my ankle of course.

"Perfect, oh and Cooper, can you go to the kitchen to get me an ice pack? I forgot to grab it." Cooper nodded and was out of the room in seconds.

Now it was just me and Evan and I was a little scared. I had no idea what he was going to do and if I'd end up in even more pain.

He reached out and started feeling my ankle and foot in different spots. Some didn't hurt but others hurt like a bitch. I had to bite my tongue a couple of times to keep myself from screaming, since my lip was already bleeding from before.

"Ok I'm almost done but I need to rotate your foot, if you can get a full rotation then it's probably just a bad sprain, but if you can't rotate it fully then we might have to go get it checked out for real." I nodded trying to focus on his words but my head was spinning from the pain. Evan started slowly moving my foot in a circle, all the while I was gripping the couch fabric for dear life. Evan had almost got my foot all the way around, when I heard a blood curdling crunch and a massive stab of pain shooting up my leg. I couldn't take the pain anymore. I felt my head fall back on the pillow and the world went black.

I could hear muffled voices and feel the aching in my leg as I was picked up by someone and about to be driven to the hospital.

"What happened to Millie, can I go to Evan?" a familiar voice entered the room.

Oh Evan was carrying me good to know. I really wish my eyes would obey me and open so I could see who was talking but it's like they were glued shut. I could hardly feel anything, my head was spinning.

Lets just hope I don't vomit!

"Ben stay here, she'll be okay." and with that we were moving again.

I better be okay. I need to make the track team this year. I know that's a very selfish thing to be thinking about right now, since there are people out there who have actually lost limbs, but is it too much to ask that my life actually goes to plan and that I'm not always miserable and in pain?

~~~~~~~~~

not edited 

sorry its been a few weeks! i need to get back on my updating schedule, and sorry its so short the next few chapters are long so its kinda a filler. 

9 days to ttpd!!!! cant wait tbh:)

also I know people might be confused with what Amelie said to Cooper and why but I kind of just wanted to explain how I feel sometimes, its probably not the best example but sometimes when ur hurting one part of ur brain thinks something and the other part thinks something else and you say something and you instantly regret it bcuz ur not it the right headspace, so yeah idk if that makes sense

anyways tysm for reading lovlies<3

-eves & izzy xoxo