15 || London Boy

He likes my American smile like a child when our eyes meet, darling I fancy you

-Taylor Swift

~~~~~~~~~

It had been almost a week since I'd seen the video. Almost a week I'd been at school. Almost a week since I'd broken my ankle and almost a week and a half til Mum and Charles came back from their Honeymoon and I had no idea how I was going to react.

It was Friday afternoon and I was sitting in math beside Marigold while Miss Honey was teaching. It was only the first block of the day and I had no clue what she was saying to be honest I had already dozed off. I was lying with my head down on the desk desperately trying to keep my eyes open. I was sleep deprived. I had hardly slept at all this week, I was up all night either overthinking or silently crying praying that no one would hear.

Lucky for me I was in a mansion.

During the day it was different though, I wasn't sad, I was so angry especially with myself for letting this hurt me. I didn't want people to know or worry because I didn't want them to hate me or find me annoying. Everyone has problems so why should I bother people with mine when they have enough to deal with already?

I used to tell Mum everything and she'd always make me feel okay again. I told her every single worry about why my dad left just for her to lie to me and for me to be a brat.

To find out that someone you love finds you a burden is a thing that I hope that no one else ever feels, I wish it on no one. It's sickening, like being punched in the gut all over again. It makes me rethink my entire life and why I'm even here in the first place if I'm just being hurt and let down all over again.

So I've kept everything to myself because I don't know what I'd do if I tell my step brothers and they start to hate me like my Mum.

Every time I think back to the memories of me and Mum it makes me feel sick.

All those times she laughed and smiled at me, all the good times we shared I couldn't help but think she wished she gave me to my father and never kept me. Is that why her honeymoon is so long? Is that why she hasn't texted me in the last week?

To be fair I left her on read after the photos but I was too angry and upset to respond after I'd seen the video and heard the words that came out of her mouth and I couldn't unhear them.

"Millie!" I felt someone elbow me and I forced my eyes open and turned to Marigold, who was looking at me intently.

"What?" I hissed, propping my elbows up and rested my head in my hands, messaging my eyes.

"I've been trying to get your attention for like 2 minutes, are you okay?" she whispered, her eyes softening at the last part and her brows scrunched with worry.

"Yes, I'm fine, sorry just tired," I yawned. Wow Millie perfect timing. "What did you want?" I asked her. She just pointed to the front where Miss Honey was waiting. I hadn't realized the whole class had gone quiet.