Athena Grant

"Would you look at that," Athena cooed as she looked at the picture she had just received. "It seems that someone is enjoying Venice."

Athena tilted the phone so Bobby could see the picture from where he was making French toast in the kitchen. The picture revealed Evan Buckley, his normally tousled blond locks now softly illuminated by the golden hues of the Venetian sun. The sunlight danced upon his face, making his baby blue eyes sparkle with a joy that seemed to leap off the screen.

Buck lounged effortlessly on the gondola, his posture relaxed yet exuding an unmistakable aura of contentment. Dressed in a long-sleeved Hensley shirt that complemented the azure waters surrounding him, he seemed perfectly at home amidst the romantic charm of Venice. His attire was completed by a pair of classic blue jeans, the quintessential choice for a leisurely day of exploration in the iconic city. A serene smile graced his lips, as he reclined on the gondola, surrounded by the timeless beauty of Venice.

"He looks good... healthy," Bobby commented, heart full of love.

"He deserves it," Athena replied, putting her phone down on the dining table. "He's gone through so much, yet he remains the kindest person I know."

"Buck is one of a kind," Bobby agreed with a proud smile. He then placed the French toast plate in front of Athena. "I'm just happy that he has started seeing it."

As Athena studied the image of Buck on the gondola, her thoughts drifted to his tumultuous past, a mixture of frustration and empathy coursing through her. "Those parents made a mess out of him," she muttered under her breath, her tone tinged with disdain.

"They're trying to be better," Bobby interjected gently, attempting to assuage her ire.

But Athena was a force to be reckoned with, her determination unyielding. No amount of placation could temper her righteous indignation. With a sharp turn, she fixed her husband with a piercing glare. "Some things have no forgiveness. Neither Buckaroo, nor Maddie, deserves the way those DNA donors treated them. It's too little, too late, if you ask me."

Bobby sighed softly, knowing all too well the depths of his wife's convictions. "But it's not up to you," he reminded her gently. "It's up to them, and they chose to give them another chance."

Athena accepted his kiss with a mixture of resignation and affection as he prepared to leave for work. "The Buckley siblings are too kind," she conceded, her voice softened by a hint of admiration. "How Margaret and Phillip ended up with those sweethearts as children is a mystery. It must be nothing short of a miracle."

"Goodbye, Athena,'" Bobby said in amusement, he loves his strong-willed wife.

"Goodbye, Bobby," Athena smirked playfully at her retreating husband, a glint of mischief dancing in her eyes as she watched him depart. Her attention shifted abruptly as her cell phone began to ring, the familiar sound cutting through the quiet of the house. "Good morning, baby. How's Italy? Shouldn't you be having dinner by now?"

The line remained eerily silent for a moment, a sense of unease creeping over Athena as she waited a response. Finally, the sound of Buck's voice broke through the silence, his tone laced with urgency. "'thena, I'm at the airport."

"Airport? Why?" Athena's concern was palpable as she leaned forward in her chair, her plate of French toast all but forgotten. "You still have a week of vacation. Did something happen?"

Buck sighed, his voice no more than a whisper as he spoke. "Conner called me. He and Kameron had a fight. Conner's been... he's been all over the place lately. One minute he's completely consumed by preparations for the baby, driving Kameron crazy with his obsession. And the next minute, it's like he's completely checked out, as if they're not expecting a baby at all."