𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. POPCORN KERNEL

>_<

egotistical

egotistical.
chapter 014  ━━━━ popcorn kernel

tw: bitchy reo (?)

AS A CHILD, (NAME) WAS ALWAYS known for her exceptional intelligence and her dedication to her studies

from a young age, she excelled academically, effortlessly breezing through her classes and earning top marks in every subject.

but despite her academic prowess, something was always missing in her life — a sense of fulfillment, a spark of excitement that seemed to elude her.

her days were consumed by endless hours of studying, her parents' expectations weighing heavily on her shoulders.

it wasn't until one fateful day in middle school that everything changed.

(Name) was in the schoolyard, as usual, poring over her textbooks during recess, when she caught sight of a mysterious figure lingering by the football field. intrigued, she ventured closer, her curiosity piqued.

the teenager, with a mischievous glint in his eye, approached her with a smile. "hey, why waste your time buried in books when you could be out here kicking a ball around?" he asked, gesturing towards the field.

(Name) blinked in confusion, unused to such directness from a stranger. "i don't know how to play." she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper.

but the teenager wasn't deterred. "no worries, i'll teach you." he declared, a sinister smile spreading across his face.

and with that, he led her onto the field, introducing her to the game of football for the very first time.

at first, (Name) was hesitant, unsure of herself and her abilities. but as the teenager patiently guided her through the basics, she felt a surge of excitement coursing through her veins.

for the first time in her life, she was experiencing pure, unadulterated joy — a feeling she had never known before.

the child continued to kick the ball with increasing confidence and skill, the teenager stood back, a mixture of awe and admiration swirling in his eyes.