chapter 13 - Mission~2

The five were in the Serene Shuǐ River. Walking on the bridge.

You may wonder why they were there even though the mission was clearly to find who killed the mortal or immortal, and who was it.

But in fact , the murder scene happened in Serene Shuǐ River, near the tree of bloody blossoms. There was a long history behind the bloody blossoms. It said that many people have died near the blossom tree, and their blood ended up getting sucked in the tree as a theory. That's why it was called the bloody blossom tree , but there was more than that.

Though it was too long to explain, you'll need to get comfortable for that, but I'm not explaining.

Xie lian was in the front, his hands inside his sleeves , shi qingxuan behind him, mu qing and feng xin next to each other and pei ming behind the all four.

"So. Do we really think it would be lang Qianqiu ?" Feng xin asked , a respond from shi qingxuan, "he's too young...still not sure why it would be him."

Xie lian nodded ,"Well. Not quite young, though , there was no reason for the murdering."

"How do you know?" Pei ming responded to him.

Xie lian pressed his lips together tighter, and he stopped as he turned around, the other stopping too , " Why did we stop?" Shi Qingxuan asked , fanning himself with his fan while looking at him confusingly. Xie lian pointed up , and the 4 looked up.

"W-What the actual fuck?!" Feng xin yelled .

When they looked up they saw hanging bodies, multiple, from the tree . Mu qing staring at it shocked. Shi qingxuan stepped back and pei ming face was normal ,"what about it? Just a couple of bodies."

"Hanging bodies!"

"DEAD HANGING BODIES!" Mu qing added to feng xins coment when feng xin responded pei ming,"dead Hanging bodies! How the hell did they even get there?! Nobody comes here unless it's for meditation or healing ?!!"

Without another word , shi qingxuan told them to step back as much as possible.

He took his fan and opened it fully as he swiftly moved his fan to the direction of the dead bodies and the strong wind making them fall on the ground with multiple thuds , some blood splashing on them.

Shi qingxuan covered his face with his fan as soon as the blood was splashing even second at the bodies falling on the floor.

Xie lians robes had a few splats of blood on his white robes , he sighed before walking near the bodies on the ground. Though he felt someone grabbing his hand which was feng xin , "stop-what if they are controlled by someone?"

"Relax , they don't have a red mark on the side of their neck. They aren't controlled by anyone."

"Hm? Red mark?"

"Yes a red fucking mark you fucking dick fucking rider-"

"Guys please don't fight right now.." xie lian sighed again in frustration, he thought feng xin knew about the red mark but seems like not , then there's mu qing . The insulter and someone who says 'fucking' a lot.

Xie lians arm was let go and he finally walked towards the bodies on the floor , he kneeled down and inspected it , touching one of its arm to see if its solid or not , the arm was picked up like jelly. Jelly looking enough for the hand to come off and blood falling. Don't worry it didn't happen , that was just xie lains very ... innocent thoughts.

________{Ghost city}______

Hua cheng sat on the bed , seemingly staring into the distance; completely lost in thought.