Part title

In the dimly lit room, the famous detective, Albert Theodore sat across from an elderly woman clutching her shawl tightly around her frail frame. He listened intently as she recounted the events of the night before, her voice trembling with fear and uncertainty.

The elderly woman, terrified and in tears, explained that she had been walking home late at night from the pharmacy when she saw a figure lurking near her neighbor's house.

The woman continued, describing how the figure had accosted her and tried to beat her before stealing the gold necklace she was wearing. She could only recall it being a man, as tall as two trees, with eyes like coals and a voice like a demon's growl.

As Albert took notes and asked probing questions about the attacker's appearance or any distinguishing marks on his clothing, the woman insisted that he had disappeared into thin air after snatching her necklace.

Just as Albert was about to ask the woman about one more information and send her on her way, his assistant, William approached him and whispered something in his ear. Albert's eyes widened with interest before nodding in agreement.

Albert stood up, his face a mask of newfound determination. He thanked the woman for her cooperation and informed her that she was free to leave. As she tremblingly made her exit, he turned to William with renewed vigor in his eyes.

"What did you find out, William?" Albert asked his assistant eagerly. William hesitated for a moment before speaking up, revealing that he had uncovered some disturbing information about a series of similar crimes committed by an individual matching the woman's description of her attacker.

The more William spoke, the clearer it became that this was no ordinary thief. The criminal had committed serious crimes like killing and raping women, even targeting an orphanage where he brutally murdered seven young girls.

William's voice trembled as he finished relaying the horrifying details. "We have to visit the orphanage, Albert," he said firmly, his eyes filled with determination. "We can't let this monster continue his reign of terror."

Albert took a deep breath after exhaling a puff of smoke from his cigarette. He nodded in agreement with William.

"Let's go," Albert said decisively, standing up from his desk. He and William left the office, got into the carriage, and drove towards the orphanage.

The streets of London were bustling with activity as they drove through the city. Horse-drawn carriages, and pedestrians filled the streets, creating a chaotic symphony of sounds and smells.

As they drove deeper into the city, the buildings grew taller and more imposing. The air was thick with the smell of coal smoke and horse manure. Street vendors hawked their wares to passersby, while beggars sat on corners pleading for spare change.

Amidst the city's prosperity, there existed a stark contrast in the lives of those who were less fortunate. Beggars, clad in ragged clothes, pleaded for coins as they huddled in doorways and near busy corners.

Many of these destitute individuals had come to London seeking opportunity, only to find themselves trapped in a cycle of poverty and despair. Some were orphans, while others had fallen on hard times due to illness or misfortune.

Street vendors, who were often just as poor as the beggars, tried to make ends meet by selling their wares. They could be seen hawking anything from handmade trinkets and crafts to food items like hot pies and roasted chestnuts.

Women's clothes were no exception to the prevailing poverty. Many poor women wore faded dresses that were badly sewn or had missing buttons. Their hair were dirty and unkempt.