Part 7

*Insert Mushu rising up from flames gif* I Liiiiiivvveee !!!

Okay, now back to the story. Enjoyy :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After having their fill, they repeatedly thanked their Aunty, and boarded the cab heading towards their hotel.

Once in the cab, Shubhi leaned his head against the window of the car and closed his eyes.Rohit bhai and Yash were so excited to go sightseeing, and they couldn't because of him not being able to control his reactions to something that shouldn't even have sparked a reaction in the first place. His head throbbed, and he felt totally wrung out physically and emotionally. He had just wanted to play cricket for his country. How and when did things get so complicated?

He must have blurted out his thoughts, because the next second, Rohit bhai, who had been stiffly avoiding him since the ride started, pulled him into a side hug, and whispered "kash mujhe pata hota, kaake" into his ear while gently stroking his hair. He closed his eyes and curled up over Rohit bhai's shoulder. This felt good, he thought.

*

"Bas 5 minute, Papa" he mumbled sleepily when he felt someone shaking him by the shoulder. It seemed like just 5 minutes since he fell asleep.. How was it time to get up already?

Rohit let out a sad chuckle, torn between whether to feel happy that Shubhi mistook him for his father, or sad because the boy seemed really homesick.

"Papa nahi, mai Rohit. Jaldi uth, hum hotel pahuch gaye hain.."

Rohit bit back a laugh as Shubhi looked owlishly towards him. Poor dear had absolutely conked out after all the physical and mental exhaustion, and was still trying to orient himself to reality.

"Chal abhi nikal, baad me sochna tu kaun hai, kaha hai, kyu hai.." Rohit bhai said, giving him a light smack on his hand. He sighed, before complying.

He somehow managed to walk up to his room on autopilot, and immediately flopped down on the bed before passing out. The world still seemed terrible, but at least he had his bed.

*

Shubman woke up from his sleep to find Rohit bhaiya and Rahul sir engrossed in a deep discussion. They looked up when he caught their eyes, and Rohit bhai gave him a strained smile, but Rahul sir looked grim.

"Good evening, Shubman. How're you feeling?" Rahul sir addressed him.

"It's 7 PM now" Rohit bhai clarified on seeing his confusion.

Huh. Before he could begin to figure out everything, Rahul sir cleared his throat, attracting both of their attention.

"Rohit told me what's been going on. Why didn't you tell anyone?" He enquired, his voice soft but sad.

Shubhi simply lowered his head and mumbled out a weak "Sorry sir" that Papa would DEFINITELY not approve of. He always believed in owning your mistakes head on, without "bowing your head like a coward". Papa would be so ashamed of what he's become in his absence, Shubhi imagined. Tears burned his eyes as his Papa's stoic yet disappointed face flashed in his mind.

"Listen, Shubman. As your coach, it is of utmost importance to me that my players are doing well physically as well as mentally. And there is no shame in struggling mentally. We are all there to support you. And yes, you do deserve to be supported through your rough times. Everyone does. But we can only support you if you allow us to."