Chapter 03: The debut

KIM GARAM
May 1rst,2022

The day was here, the day I had been dreaming of since I started training.

I had finally made it. The only thing left for me to do was to debut.

As I was in the dorm, I kept thinking of the past few months, the days I spent with the members.

I was grateful I had such supporting members and family.

24 hours before LE SSERAFIM'S DEBUT

"Guys I'm so proud of us, The past few months where we trained relentlessly. Improving ourselves, constantly practicing our vocals. Let's continue to do the best for our team and also for us, okay?" Said chaewon.

"Yeah, I'm so grateful for you people. I'm so happy that I get to spend so much of my time with you" replied Yunjin.

"Thank you guys so much though, I came here without knowing a word of Korean but all of you here have been so helpful in improving my Korean. Though it was definetly hard for the first few months, I'm happy that I was able to improve and finally become the person I wanted to be" Said Kazuha emotionally.

" I'm not normally able to open up easily to anybody but you undies have been such a pillar in my life. Me being the youngest, I tried my best to catch up and not make you guys feel like a burden. Let's continue to do our best for our fans" said eunchae half crying.

We all hugged each other. Occasionally tearing up, it took so much effort to reach were we are. Seeing the rest of the trainees getting removed from the line up, not knowing whether we would wake up and be in the debut line up or get removed.

But what kkura said was the something I would never forget.

" I never really talked much about this but this is my 4rth time debuting. It was hard in Japan and also hard in Iz*one but I'm glad that for the next 7 years at least, we will be together. Being an idol for over 10 years was definetly exhausting for me but I'm glad that tje next years I can spend it with you guys. I was often criticized for my vocals, so I'm kind of insecure about that but my point is, Eunchae, garam and zuha. This is your first time debuting so don't get affected by the negative comments. Just focus on improving yourself and don't forget that all of us are here for each other.

This brought all of us to tears.

12 hours before LE SSERAFIM'S DEBUT

I was alone in the dorm. So I thought I would call my mother. She was the most important person in my life.

"Hey, Mom?"

"Garam, do well for your debut okay? Don't get nervous"

"Yeah mom, I won't"

"I'm so proud of you, darling. I know how hard it was for you to not give up and continue your journey and to reach were you are right now"

"There was definetly some hardships but I'm thankful you were there with me at every step"

"I'll always be there for you honey, Before,now and in the future"

"You'll watch my debut showcase, right mom?" I asked

"Of course honey! You're father and I are definetly going to watch it"

Garam-ah, We are going to head to the car. Come fast okay? Said Yunjin.

I nodded

"Mom, I'll call you later. I have to go now"

"Okay baby, take care and I love you so much"

"Same mom"

With that I ended the call.

4 hours before LE SSERAFIM'S DEBUT

The members are talking with each other in the car.

"Guys just remember to do well" said Chaewon

"Yeah and also interact with the fans" said our manager

"Wait, how do I interact well with the fans though?" Asked Zuha

"You can wave to them, make hearts. Show them your grateful for their support and that you love them as well" said our Manager.

"You can also read their messages, they normally write something in paper, you can interact like that as well" said kkura

"Mmm kay" said eunchae, she seemed lost in thought.

" You know the thing I'm looking forward the most is seeing our fans" I said

"Totally, it'll be a mind blowing experience for us" replied Yunjin

After that we all were quiet. Lost in thought about how our debut showcase would be.

1 hour before LE SSERAFIMS DEBUT

We were having Ramen and kimchi-jiggae and laughing.

I was grateful for my members, especially the older members since they already had experienced this. They guided us (Me,Zuha and Eunchae) through almost everything we had to do.

LE SSERAFIM'S DEBUT

The loud noise of the fans cheering shocked me.

My heart heart swelled with emotion as I gazed upon the sea of supporters, their energy fueling my own determination.

They were our fans.

Le sserafim fans.

When I opened my eyes, I saw thousands of people sitting and waving their hands. Looking at us as though we were something special.

Pam pa pa pa pa Pam pa pa pa pa Pam pa pa pa Pam

This was happening, I was actually going to become an idol.

The performance was a whirlwind of adrenaline and passion, each member pouring their heart and soul into every move and note. The rush of emotions hit me like a tidal wave as they ended their set, met with a wave of applause and cheers.

Interacting with our fans, answering their questions, and basking in the adoration of their supporters felt surreal yet fulfilling. It was a moment of realization-i had finally achieved my dream of becoming an idol

When we returned backstage.

All of us started crying.

Our tears of joy and relief flowed freely, They had indeed made it, transcending the challenges and uncertainties to stand on stage as LE SSERAFIM, united and ready to embark on their idol journey.

"We made it" I said.

"Yeah.." replied Yunjin tearfully.

For around 5 minutes, we just hugged each other.

I had finally debuted. I was an idol.