Chapter 04: Accusations

KIM GARAM
April 27th,2022

It had been around 1 month since Eunseo threatened me. I told my manager about her and she told me to not get worried about it since I did nothing wrong.

We were practicing as usual in the practice room for our comeback "Antifragile". It was something I was looking forward too, a lot actually.

In our debut album, we were all nervous so sometimes we weren't able to do our best.

Also since Antifragile is such a bop song. The b-sides are also great this time. My favourite one being Impurities.

"Chaewon-ah, put more pressure on your hands. Yunjin you should be able to do the body roll smoothly. Kazuha remember to hold your leg with your hands when you hold it up. Garam make sure your expressions are on point. Eunchae make sure that your hands are aligned well" said our dance instructor, Park Yujung.

We were practicing hard even though our come back was not for another 6 months.

"Garam? Can you please go to the meeting room?" Asked one of the staff members.

"Oh yeah, of course" I replied with a confused expression.

The members all gave me concerned looks.

"Did anything happen?" Asked Yunjin

"No, not really. I don't think I've done anything" I said

"Maybe it's about some magazine cover?" Said Eunchae

"I don't know, but hopefully it's nothing bad" I replied.

Saying this, I left the practice room and headed to the meeting room at the corner of the floor and opened the door to see 12 pairs of eyes blinking at me.

In the meeting room
"Come in,Garam" said the Directing Manager in a calm tone.

I didn't have any clue why I had been asked to go to the meeting room.

"Your manager informed us about Eunseo." Said another one of the staff members.

"Oh" I replied. That was all I could think of at that time to say.

"There has been an anonymous account posting proof that you bullied a girl, called her vulgar words and beat her up. It has been viral in Twitter and other social media platforms" said the Head of the marketing team.

"Huh? I never bullied anyone, I was the one who was bullied!" I replied.

I was confused. I never bullied anyone. Eunseo often wrote mean stuff on my desk and forced some other of my classmates to do the same. Some of the did it because they were scared of Eunseo, others just to get back at me.

"We are throughly conducting an investigation on this but because of this scandal it's affecting the group's popularity a lot. You do know how seriously South Korea thinks of bullies right?" Said one of the staff from the marketing team.

"Yeah I do but I never bullied anyone so why are people believing whoever is behind that account?" I asked confused.

"Because this person has proof apparently, that you bullied her. She said she will post the proof exactly 2 weeks from now" said the staff with a grim expression.

"Oh okay?" I replied, I didn't know what proof they were going to give when I did nothing.

"You will have to remain in hiatus for the time being as you being and promoting in the group will be harmful to the groups popularity and its fan base. You cannot publicly appear anywhere. You must stay at your dorms all the time. Wear a mask, a cap and whatever it takes to make you look like a normal human being and not an idol. You must call your manager in case you need to go anywhere." said the CEO of Source Music.