ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

𝐇𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐀𝐄's innocent gaze would of not have suggested that he was currently cursing anyone that came to his mind. Yeji, his mother, Mr Kang and his stupid PE lessons, even his brother who had shown him no harsh words in a long time. He was walking up to his English class when he heard hurried steps behind him. Moving to the side so the person could get past, he spotted one of his classmate's cream coloured jumper. Nam Onjo.

Tae and Onjo got on fairly. They didn't exactly talk but again, Tae wasn't the biggest talker. They had exchanged few words but they weren't significant to mean anything. However, Onjo had ended up going to Tae a few times for tutoring.

Tae brought out his phone to text his brother to get him something for lunch when he bumped into something hard. Looking up scowling, he saw that someone had stopped on the middle of the stairs.

"What?" Tae rolled his eyes at his classmate's voice. Suhyeok. Suhyeok and Tae barely talked as well. They sat at the same lunch table but they didn't often talk as Suhyeok sat at the other end. Tae was about to launch into a full paragraph of scolding him when he noticed that Suhyeok wasn't talking to him, rather to Onjo who had rushed in front of him.

"If you have time, come to the rooftop after lunch."

"Why? I don't fight anymore."

Tae just stood there awkwardly as he listened to them talk. Quickly finishing off his text to his older brother. After sending, he gave out a sigh from reading his texts.

hyung, can you get me something for lunch? I have volleyball practice during lunch and we're supposed to get changed before we get lunch. thanks.

They were so... dry. Nothing family like. Almost like they were complete strangers. Scroling up, he saw the same thing.

tell Yeji that I'll be late picking you two up. Something came up with the senior council and they requested a meeting last minute.

ok.

12/03/21

i have volleyball practice. I'll finish school later on. Tell mum that.

sure.

It was almost laughable on how dry and awkward those texts were.

"You'd think I would want to fight you?"

Onjo's voice snapped him out of his world as he pretended to not know what was going on until the conversation was over.

"Then why?"

A silence came over that made things even more awkward. At that point, Tae could feel Onjo's eyes on him, causing her to choose not to answer.

"See you later."

Onjo started rushing up the stairs again. Falling down at one of the top ones. Tae was on the verge of laughing when she looked backwards quickly to see if Suhyeok would help her. When he didn't move, she just got up, clearing her throat and continuing upstairs, leaving Suhyeok in shock.

"You done yet?"

Suhyeok jumped in surprise at Tae's sudden voice. "Tae, I didn't know you were there."

"Wow, thanks a lot." He spoke, sarcasm dripping in his voice. "I bumped into you when you stopped and you were taking up half the staircase so I couldn't go up."