ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ

𝐇𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐀𝐄 winced as a screech was heard from the school speakers, causing all of them to cover their ears.

"Students and teachers of Hyosan High school," That was their english teacher, Ms. Park... "I'm Park Sunhwa, the english teacher."

All of them uncovered their ears as they listened to the teacher, listening closely to her words. "Something strange is happening throught the school... Some students are... attacking people indiscriminately. So please... Find a safe place and take shelter. And if any student or faculty hears this and is able, please call the police or the fire department. Students, hide somewhere safe until help arrives. If you can get out the school, please get out. I repeat, Some students are..."

Tae felt a lump in his throat as he looked out the window. You could hear the teacher quietly sobbing through the speaker and it broke him to hear his always so composed teacher to care so much, even in a situation like this.

"Guys... You're okay... right? You're not hurt, right? I don't know what's going on or why this is happening. Still, find a safe place and hide. I... I'm sorry... That I can't be of any help. Don't get hurt, okay?"

Students in the room had started crying. All Tae could feel was guilt. He couldn't comfort anyone the way he wanted to. He didn't deserve his role.

"Let's stay alive and meet again, okay?"

Tae nodded, even though he knew that his teacher couldn't see him. What broke him even more was the next words that would be said.

"Jinnie? Tae? Are you there?"

Never had Tae wanted to hug and stay by his sister's side more than now. He just wanted to go to her, hug her and never let go, to tell her how he was sorry for lashing out at her, tell her how he was sorry that he wasn't able to find Hyunjin.

"I... I don't know what I can say." He gave a watery laugh at his sister's confused words. "I feel so lost. I don't know what to do. I don't even know if you guys are alive right now... For all I know, you could be one of them. It hurts to think that we aren't in a good siblingship right now. When... When we do find each other again... let's fix it. I miss you, more than you could know."

Tae missed her too.

"Let's stay alive for each other, okay? Jinnie, I'm sorry for bursting out at you last night. I didn't mean to. It's just that... It's been stressful. It's unsettling to see how much we've missed together. Tae, I'm sorry for making you feel the way that I was only acting up to the role. It's dumb. I don't even know if you're alive. Let's just stay safe. Thinking of family as the last thought. Fighting!"

By the end of his sister's speech, he started to cry. His sister was alive but he didn't know. Suhyeok was probably dead, Hyunjin was probably dead and everyone was probably dead except from them in the room, well, Ms. Park was alive as well.

A few of the harder-hearted people even started to feel emotional by the two's words as they listened.  The room was silent by the time the announcement stopped and no one even dared to speak. Wanted to speak even.

Woojin had other plans, he swatted at Daesu who groaned. "What was that for?"

"There was a fly."

"A fly-?!"

Tae smiled softly at their bickering but then paused when Isak walked up to Cheongsan, the two talking for a bit before Isak walked up to Onjo. Tae, who was sitting on a table was able to hear them. "Onjo." Isak began. "Don't worry to much, I'm sure Suhyeok will be fine. He's athletic and super fast." Tae's heart sank. Suhyeok... He felt so guilty on just leaving him. Was it his fault that Suhyeok was possibly dead?