Chapter 4

Warning this story has: Gradient Joe x Mime, Bugbo x Gerbo (may or may not be one-sided), multifandom, light swearing, AU

(Gradient Joe's POV)

Well, today was not how I expected it to be. Rather then spending wrecking ball day together, we had to travel all around the globe to save Bugbo. Some flyswatter guy bugnapped him and gave me, Gerbo, and Mime 6 bug hours to save our magenta friend or else he would be killed. We miraculously found where Bugbo was the last place we checked, Mount Bobo. The evil flyswatter guy was holding Bugbo capitve there, but we managed to save him before that guy could succeed in his plan. Actually it was more like Bugbo saved himself, but I have no clue how he did it so I'll just say that we all as a collective group saved Bugbo. I look down and see Gerbo's beaming face as he looks up and Bugbo. Bugbo still has that unnerving smile, probably unfazed from the events that happened. I look at Mime and he had a look of relief, which I expected. It was one of the first times hanging out with all of us and he had to go on a globe wide adventure. Maybe it was a good foreshadowing that almost anything can happen in this crazy place with that crazy Bugbo. I look back towards at Gerbo and Bugbo, expecting something to happen between them since Gerbo still has that crush on Bugbo. Surely they'll talk about Bugbo's rescue. I was not wrong.

"Bugbo, I'm so glad your safe now! I am a bit sad we missed celebrating wrecking ball day, but your more important!" Gerbo cheered happily, waving his short limbs around with a bright smile. Bugbo looked down to stare directly at Gerbo before responding. "Yes my 8-legged friend, I am also impressed you all managed to save me. Even the purple deer contributed to my rescue despite being new. You have proven to be true friends of mine, all of you." Bugbo praised, though still keeping his monotone voice range. Gerbo didn't mind though as his cheeks flushed red and he looked away from Bugbo, feeling flustered from the taller friend's words. "Thanks Bugbo..." Gerbo muttered happily, trying to contain his happiness to not look weird. "S-say, do you want to hang out later? Like, since we didn't get to celebrate wrecking ball day, we can do it now?" Gerbo asked, looking back at Bugbo for approval. Bugbo's grin didn't falter at all as he continued to stare down Gerbo. "I'm afraid not, Gerbo. I have much more important matters to attend to. You should also get your tasks done." Bugbo said. Then he just disappeared, probably teleporting to some other area. We all stop in our tracks as Gerbo looks down in sadness. Gerbo slumps down, sad he got rejected by Bugbo to spend time together. I feel bad for the litter guy and crouch down to pat his head. I look at Mime, who also looks pitiful for Gerbo.

'Woah, he is really sad from his friend not wanting to spend time with him. I don't blame him.' Mime signs to me. I realize that Mime doesn't know about Gerbo's crush, so he views Gerbo and Bugbo as just friends. I feel like Mime should know about Gerbo's crush on Bugbo so he could fully understand why Gerbo was acting this way but it wasn't in my place to tell him. Gerbo would have to tell Mime. 'Hey Gerbo, could I ask you something?' I write on my notepad before showing Gerbo the note. He looks at me before nodding slowly. 'I think you should tell Mime about your crush on Bugbo.' I wrote on the same piece of paper. Gerbo looks shocked at my words and jolts back. "W-what?! But w-what if he makes fun of m-me?!" Gerbo whimpers. 'Don't worry, I hung out with Mime and he's a nice person. He wouldn't make fun of you.' I assured with writing. Gerbo looks a bit less startled by what I wrote. "Erm, I guess since I trust you, Joe. Just please don't wrong or I'll be so embarrassed!" Gerbo exclaims before walking over to Mime on shaky legs. "M-Mime?" Gerbo squeaked. Mime looked down and went on his knees to get on level wtih Gerbo. Gerbo appreciated what Mime did, feeling more confident to share his secret. Mime took out his purple pen which I gave him and some paper since he understood that Gerbo didn't understand sign language.

"It's just that I like Bugbo a lot, more than a friend. I can't really explain why, but I just love him like that." Gerbo confessed. 'Hey, that's completely fine! Loving someone like that is normal and a good feeling, you shouldn't feel embarrassed about it.' Mime wrote before giving the paper to Gerbo. As Gerbo read it a small smile appeared on his face. "Thanks Mime, I was worried you were going to think I was weird, but you really are nice!" Gerbo said. 'It's no problem at all, just don't feel bad about how you feel. I think you're a very sweet spider and you should feel good about yourself!' Mime complimented. "Okay, thanks Mime! I feel really better about myself now." Gerbo smiled. 'If you want, we could all do something together for wrecking ball day.' I suggest on paper before giving it to Gerbo. Gerbo shakes his body no though. "Sorry Gradient Joe, but Bugbo was kinda right. I have to clean up my house and then take out the trash so I'll be too busy. I'll see you all tomorrow though!" Gerbo said before skipping off happily. I look at Mime before signing. 'So do you want to do something together or are you busy too?' I ask. Mime smiles. 'Oh I'm free, just what are we going to do?' Mime responded back. 'Maybe we could walk around town and look for something interesting?' I suggest. Mime gives me a thumbs up, liking my idea. 'Sure, let's do it!'