Why? | Ponyboy

You and your boyfriend Ponyboy were at an amusement park. You were in the bathroom. After you did your business, you stepped out of the bathroom to find Ponyboy talking to some pretty red-haired Soc. You froze in you tracks.

The girl looked over Pony's shoulder at you and smirked. She pulled a piece of paper out of her skirt pocket and wrote down something on it. She handed shoved the paper into Pony's hand and winked at him. 

You felt a surge of rage come over you and you stomped over angrily to you so-called "boyfriend". You were behind him and glanced down at the paper. It had a phone number on it.

"Y/N! There you are!" he exclaimed.

You just glared at him. His face fell. "What the hell Pony! You can't go around calling yourself my boyfriend and also taking random girl's phone numbers!"

"I- y/n- I-" he stammered

"I- I- I-" you mocked. "I can't be seeing you if you aren't going to be loyal."

"Why?"

"Because I'm not going to date a cheater"

"Fine then! Don't! I'll just invite Cherry over then. She'll be a better girlfriend than you ever were anyways!" he yelled in frustration.

Your heart shattered into two- no three- no a million pieces. You thought that for sure he would be on the apologetic side. Sure, you yelled at him, but that was because he was asking for other girl's numbers!

You went retreated back into the family bathroom and shut yourself in a stall. You sat down, pulled your knees up to your chest and started to cry. 

There was a knock on the stall door.

"Y/N? Can I please come in?" came Ponyboy's voice.

"No! Go away!" you yelled.

"Please Y/N, just give me two minutes! Please?" he begged

You sighed, stood up, and unlocked the door. You looked up into those green-gray eyes, the eyes you had loved so much. Look away, y/n, look away.

"I didn't mean to take her number, y/n, she just forced me to!"

"Yeah, sure, I believe you"

"Really! Y/N I love you and only you. No one else. You're the only girl I'll ever need in my life and I love you so much. Please don't cry, I love you!" he wiped the tears off your face.

In that moment you realized that he meant it, he really did love you. You cupped his face in your hands and brought your face to his. He rested his forehead against yours.

"I love you, Y/N Y/L/N"

"I love you too, Ponyboy Curtis"