七 (𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕕𝕣𝕠𝕡𝕡𝕖𝕕?!)

A/N✨: The image above is kind of what I imagine MeLaan's eyes to look like o(* ̄▽ ̄*)ブ

𝕄𝕚𝕝𝕒'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍

The only thing I could see was the static void behind my eyelids. Other than that, the rest of my senses seemed to be functioning just fine. Every nerve stimulated, I felt like I had just been used as a punching bag. I was hyper-aware of every bruise, bump and cut on my body as if they were set on fire. As aware and keen my mind was, my eyes stubbornly refused to open. This definitely isn't what being dead should feel like...

"I wonder when she's going to wake up..."

"WHY WAS SUCH A PRETTY GIRL IN THE PLACE LIKE THAT?! AND WHY WAS THE BOAR THE ONE TO FIND HER?!"

"SHUT UP YELLOW BOY. THE GREAT KING OF THE MOUNTAINS IS OBVIOUSLY GOING TO FIND A SHINY GIRL."

"H-hey now you two, we don't want to disturb her. She seems quite battered up, after all."

The voices of three individuals can be heard, somewhere from my left side. One is rather pitchy and whiny, another aggressive and scratchy like a dehydrated ogre, and the third is more mature and consoling, like someone's nice older brother without daddy issues. Nonetheless, the loud sounds intruding my mind started to give me a headache.

Forcefully prying my eyes open, I am met with the smugly bright rays of the sun assaulting my vision. Hissing in pain from the sting of my eyes and the injuries coating my body, I blinked away tears as I sat up. My bones felt weary and heavy like a large stone was weighing me down. Is this what it felt like to be elderly with mobility issues? If so, I won't poke fun at my dear grandfather ever again.

"AAAAHHHHHH THE GODDESS IS MOVING! SHE'S WAKING UP! EVERYONE GET OUT OF THE WAY!" The whiny voice screeched causing me to irk slightly as I adjusted my eyes to the light. "Maybe if she sees me first, she'll think I saved her and she'll fall in love with me..." This was muttered quietly, meant to be left unheard, but my sharp ears still managed to pick up on it.

Lifting my gaze, I jolted at the first thing I saw. A battered-looking boy with choppy yellow hair, resembling french fries was staring right at me with wide eyes. His face was bruised and bloodied as if he were given a beating sometime before. Not expecting the sudden invasion of personal space, I instinctively jerked back with a flabbergasted expression, my lack of support and balance causing me to fall back onto the ground. My reaction was enough to elicit a strangled noise from the boy as I moved away from him like he was some monster, his expression crestfallen.