Coping

I decided to do this as a proper book instead of a oneshot book as I really enjoyed the path the first two chapters were going down.

Ryan's POV:
"Wake up, Ry." I hear quietly in my ear as I start to wake from my deep slumber.

I don't want to move at first but then I realise that my bed feels a lot different. Wait, this isn't my bed. Where am I? Suddenly, I remember what had happened earlier. I had fallen asleep on Alex, and he had let me.

"Come on, Ryan. It's time for food, buddy." I hear Alex's voice again as he rubs my back soothingly.

I slowly open my eyes and groan quietly. It only takes a few seconds for me to move from my position on Alex's chest and stretch in order to get rid of the sleepiness I am currently feeling.

"I'm not hungry. I'd rather sleep." I mutter in annoyance.

"Tough. Come and get some food." He says before getting up and heading into the kitchen.

I take a deep breath before getting up as well, and I'm following him into the kitchen. As I enter, I take a look around the table to see which seats are available. It turns out that today is my day as the only seat that isn't already taken is the one on the end of the table. The one right next to Alex. I suppress a smile before walking towards the table and taking my seat.

"So guys, has anything happened today that you lot would like to discuss." Mike asks as he usually does during meal time.

"Ryan fell asleep on Alex in the living room earlier." Floss said quickly.

"Floss!" I shout angrily.

"Calm down, Ryan. There's nothing wrong with that as long as Alex was okay with this as well." Mike said, slightly amused but not willing to give in to the others teasing, which I'm thankful for.

Before I can respond, Alex beats me to it. "Yeah, Mike, don't worry. Ryan's actually a good cuddler when he's tired." He says, sending a smirk my way. My only response is a scowl before I look down at my food and continue to eat in silence.

An hour passes, and everyone has finished eating. I take my dishes to the sink before washing them and putting them away. I then leave the kitchen and head up to my room. As I go to shut my door behind me, I hear a quiet "wait" and feel some resistance on the door. I 6 the door fully to see what it was. Or should I say who. It doesn't take me long to realise it's Alex.

"What's up? I ask, feeling confused.

"I just wanted to talk. If that's okay with you." He asks, clearly hoping I'd say yes.

"Uh yeah, sure. Come in then." I say as he enters the room, and I close the door behind him.

He sits on my bed, and I sit beside him. He looks as if he is contemplating his words carefully. I just watch his as I'm not too sure what to say either.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry for earlier. I know I embarrassed you, and that wasn't my intention. I've already told the others to leave you alone about earlier, and so has Mike." I can tell his words are genuine, and it makes newfound feelings I have for him stronger than before.

"Thanks, Alex. You didn't have to, though." I say, hoping I don't sound ungrateful.

"I know, but I wanted to. Look Ryan. I know we haven't really been mates and all, but I felt like we really got on today. I was hoping we could just put all our troubles in the past and actually be mates from now on."

I think about his words carefully. Of course, I want to be mates with him, but wouldn't me getting close to him only cause my feelings to develop more? I don't know if that is something I can risk. I have to make a decision quickly, so I say the first thing that comes to mind.

"Yeah, of course."

... well shit.