Chapter 5: Conflicts often take awhile to resolve.

Summary:

A busy day for the maid, for the work never stops,
A tiring one for our Prince, due to thoughts and feelings going unresolved,
And a complicated one for Ei, because the Kamisatos are arriving

Notes:

Greetings Darlings, Zara speaking, forgive me for the lack of updates and lack of energy. Life is really good at stealing away time for creative things and inspiration. Sadly, it's doing both to me right now, BUT THATS NOT IMPORTANT![Well kinda] My upload schedule is going to be all over the place, I could go from uploading a whole chapter a day to nothing for weeks without an official HIATUS, and I just wanted to let yall know that.

Anywaysss I wanted to sort of give a similar feeling to this chapter of time not stopping for you to collect your thoughts and get closure, so we won't see much of Scaramouche and our reader interacting aside from glances and the like.

Also, let me know what y'all thought of the 'you pov' style at the end of the last chapter, I'm still kinda on the edge if I want to rewrite when I have time, but at the moment it's not a priority.
That's all for now Darlings, and I hope you have a good read! -Z

Chapter Text

Writing in process.

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡...⋙ ↺6.8%

I wish I could speak to you of things you said no others could know,

But for now, we'll have to do with sparing glances.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Prepping for bad weather often means not getting to enjoy the calm before the storm,

So the tale moves onward, but thoughts repeat.

__________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐
┊ ⋆ ┊ . ┊ ┊
┊ ┊⋆ ┊ .
┊ ┊ ⋆˚
✧. ┊
⋆ ★

҉ •───────•°•____☽𓂂☾____•°•───────• ҉

The castle is quite a stir at the moment, as the information that the Kamisatios would not only be arriving for dinner soon but also be staying the night was now known. Words have a way of, spreading, amongst the Shogun's staff.

Bustling maids running back and forth from one room to another, gardeners making sure the plants were perfectly trimmed and healthy looking, the waiters and soon-to-be personally assigned servants{For the Kamisatos} double-checking their uniforms for any speck of dirt or dust after having sent them off the day before to be cleaned by the washers.

It was quite an interesting phenomenon to observe, at least to Y/n, for the Prince it was annoying for the same reasons. He was leaning against a wall with his arms crossed in one of the larger dining rooms where he would soon have to sit down for dinner.

He mussed in his mind as he watched waiters hurry around the room, setting out the proper dishes and silverware while checking their clothes every five minutes in nervousness.

"What is up with them? It's just some Nobles, and yet they're acting as if someone from Celestia itself were coming to dinner. They serve the ruler of Inazuma and an Archon, but don't act this way when a dinner is being planned with the Empress herself."

He rolled his eyes when a maid passed him, subconsciously fixing her skirt as she hurried out of the room.

"tsk, the lack of respect. With my relations to her, it's a wonder as to why it always takes so long for them to get something done when I ask. But when measly little nobles visit, everybody stresses to impress."

"Kuni," A voice called to him

"What has that kitsune come to bother me with now?"

Visibly annoyed, he turned to respond with a look of 'what the hell do want'.

Not receiving an answer other than a head turn that was the bare minimum of an acknowledgment, Miko, used to his antics, made her way to the wall he was leaning on and continued.

"What are you doing over here hmm?"

"Minding my own business, like you should be." He replied annoyed.

She sighed, keeping her typical composure. "I was until I passed by and saw that you were not ready for the dinner, it's almost time for the Kamisatos to be here you know,"

"Why should I have to get all dressed up for them? I am true Royalty, and they're just nobles after all. Just because they're considered royalty in their own regions isn't my problem."

"For that exact reason Kunikuzushi, you're a Prince, act like it." She stated bluntly, dropping her façade for a moment. "Or would you rather I have your mother make you look presentable?"

Rolling his eyes and realizing he wasn't getting out of it, Scaramouche gave an irritated 'whatever' under his breath before he started for the dining room doors. As he walked past Miko, he spoke just loud enough for her to hear.

"And she's not my Mother."

She shot back just before he was out of earshot, "If she's not your Mother, you are not Royalty,"

Pretending he didn't hear her, he left with gritted teeth and clenched fists.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

A carriage door opens, revealing a young woman with pale blue hair and a genial smile.

"Princess Kamisato," the footman says as a quiet greeting. She thanks him as he helps her down from the short step and onto the Castle Grounds.

She waited patiently as her companion exited the carriage behind her.