Chapter 4

⚠️This chapter contains some Mature content. ⚠️

As expected when Sylas woke up. He was in the bed alone. He used the bathroom and got back in bed. He couldn't be arsed. Not today at least.

He sat up when his door opened. It was Aaliyah. She didn't say a word as she set his hygiene products on the table beside his bed. She left the room and Sylas Was confused. He thought they had a bonding moment last night. He pressed the button calling her back. She stood in the doorway but didn't bother coming in.

“Do you need something?”

“I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get you in trouble.”

“It's fine. I didn't get in trouble.”

“But I just wanted to say thank you. The last time I slept overnight was when I overdosed.” He chuckled but rubbed his neck anxiously when he saw that she wasn't laughing.

“You're welcome, I guess.” She smiled a little bit, it seemed he was in a bit of a better mood.

He stared at her with a blank expression, she waved her hand in front of his face.

“Hey, Are you alright?” Just like that, He was back in the poor state he was in last night. His body was craving it again. He laid in the fetal position, pulling the blankets to his neck as his muscles began to cramp. She spoke way too soon. 

“Are you hungry?” He shook his head.

“Cold?”

“No”

“Do you feel ill?” She put the back of her hand on his forehead. He was a bit warm.

“Do I fucking look sick!?” Sylas smacked her hand away.

“Hey, Keep your hands to yourself.” She warned him once again.

“Fuck off!” Aaliyah stood up and walked over to the door when someone knocked.

“Where are you going?”

“I'm not going anywhere far. I need you to calm down and relax.” From experience, Aaliyah knew How irritable they could get and how fast they could switch up.

“I need it!” Sylas cried. He always got high in the mornings. He felt like it lasted longer so his urge in the morning was so much stronger.

“No, you don't. Thank you!” She thanked the nurse before rolling the cart in.

“I do! Please”

“No, you don't. Sit up.” She stood with a hand on her hip, waiting patiently as he threw his tantrum of the morning.

“Are you done?”

“Yeah,” he sat up feeling embarrassed. She checked his blood pressure and temperature before rolling The cart out.

“I do”

“You don't. Your family will be so happy when you can go home and celebrate sobriety.”

“I don't have any family and maybe I don't want to be sober.” He grumbled miserably. Aaliyah looked at him.

“You don't want to be sober?”

“No”

“Then why are you here?”

“I was forced to be here”

“forced by who?”

“My brother?”

“Your brother who cares enough to spend his hard earned money to have you here for three months?”