Chapter 9

She scrambled out of the bad making Sylas sit up.

“What's wrong?” she motioned to the door. Sylas recognized her almost immediately. She was the girl in the pictures. He sat back quietly planning to let the women handle it.

“Oh no, don't get up now. I was just trying to see if this is still your room.” She said before leaving the room, this left both Aaliyah and Sylas dumbfounded.

“We should um, I should get you back to your room.”

“Yeah” He felt really out of place but didn't say anything because she didn't have to do any of this for him.

“I'm sorry. It's not your fault”

“Its okay, I just wanted to thank you for everything. No one has ever done anything like this for me. I know I keep saying it but it's true.”

“Anytime, thanks for joining me” She hugged him, slightly tippy toeing to reach his lips and kissed him. While she had her arms around his neck, he put his around her waist and they stayed in the warm embrace. That was until Aaliyah got paged.

“Come, we have to go.” She took his Hand and rushed him down the long corridor back to his room. Once she got him settled in she jogged to her manager's office.

“Hey, what's up?”

“You have a new patient.”

“No, I have. . . I'm a one to one.”

“Two to one now. New patient is a. . .Lorelai Velasquez.”

“You're kidding me right?”

“I am not. I was told by the Head of the Facility.”

“I can't work with her”

“You'll have to take that up with the higher ups.” Aaliyah rolled her eyes and made her way upstairs to the higher ups. She walked into the room And closed the door.

“Ma”

“Yes Aaliyah”

“I can't work with this new patient”

“Why?”

“I just don't want to”

“that's not a valid reason, there's a lot of things I have to do that I don't want to.”

“Mamaaa”

“don't start with that whining. Go ahead” She waved her off.

“Mama, I really can't work with her.”

“Unless you give me a valid reason, the decision still stands. She asked for a female caretaker, that's what I'm giving her.”

She knew she couldn't tell her mother that she dated the woman. That just wouldn't go down well because she didn't condone it and Aaliyah knew this.

“I already have one. What happens to Mr.Ralston?”

“You have him too. Listen if I double your pay will you do it?” Aaliyah had to think about it; she really didn't want to be around this woman twenty four seven.

“Well. . .”

“Fine” She grumbled leaving her office. She made it her business to slam her mother's door so she knows that she was not pleased with this change.

She was even more confused when she went back to Sylas’ Room and nurses were stripping it.

“What's going on?”

“He's being moved to a double bedroom suite”

“Really!?” Sylas seemed so excited to be getting out of his basic single room.