Chapter 6

"Lee, It's dinner time" Jamillah tapped Aaliyah's shoulder.

"Thank you" She sat up putting on her socks and crocs.

"I'll be back tonight. See you later" Aaliyah told her friend. Jamillah gave her a hug telling her to take it easy. She nodded, running downstairs to make sure Sylas ate. Once the carts passed it was hard to get the patients dinner if they didn't get it the first time.

"Hey!! Did he eat?" She asked the kid pushing the cart.

"I don't know. I gave him a plate though"

"Thanks" She walked over to Sylas’ room, opening the door slowly.

"No. NO! Don't come in here!!"

"Sorry" Aaliyah apologized leaving back out keeping her foot in the door so it didn't close.

"Aaliyah?"

"Yes babe"

"Wait, don't leave, I'm just trying to change."

"Okay"

Sylas came to the door, opening it for Aaliyah.

"Give me this" She took the soiled absorbent underwear from him, disposing of it before washing her hands and coming back to his room. She put a door stopper on the top of the door so it wouldn't close and walked into the room. 

She hugged Sylas.

"I'm sorry about earlier"

"Its okay, I liked it a lot"

"How was your day?" Aaliyah asked, sitting down. Sylas sat down next to her.

"After you left I didn't think about 'it' at all."

"Really?"

"Uh huh"

"That's great Sy! I'm super proud of you." Sylas smiled as he looked at Aaliyah. She's just so Pretty.

"Thanks. . . .Did you regret it?"

"Regret what? Kissing you?" Sylas nodded

"I don't regret it, but I don't want it to happen again."

"Oh. we can still hug right?"

"Of course. What have you been doing?"

"Going through your phone."

"That's a bit invasive no?"

"Who's this?" Aaliyah snatched her phone when Sylas showed her a picture of the familiar woman.

"Where did you find that!?"

"Your gallery"

"Sylas. You can't go through my things Like that. It's private"

"Sorry. I was just curious. I see so many pictures of her. Can you tell me about her?"

Aaliyah looked down at the picture of the woman.

"She was my girlfriend."

"Did she die?"

"No, we just broke up, she's in isolation"

"In jail?"

"No"

"When did you Two break up"

"A few months ago."

"What happened?"

"I helped her to get clean. We started dating and everything was all good until she relapsed. She became incredibly violent. So I asked her to get help. She agreed. She was finding ways to get what she needed even in rehab. So they put her in her own room. She asked me to take care of her and I did. She held me in her room for days at a time. She didn't want me to see or help anyone else but her. No one noticed because I spent so much time in her room taking care of her. She told me if I tried to leave her she would kill herself. I thought she meant if I break up with her. I told her I wouldn't because I really did love her and she never hurt me. But when I finally escaped her room she tried to commit suicide. She was near death when I found her. It was really traumatizing and I don't like to talk about it. But they nursed her back to health and now she's locked in a special room."

"So she's not down here with me? Isn't level two code red self harm?"

"No, she's somewhere else. And yes it's self harm"

"Then how come I'm here and not there"

"She's mentally unstable. You're not. You're just going through withdrawal"

"Oh. I'm really sorry about forcing you to stay here. It must have made you think about her."

"Its okay"

"Do you miss her?"

"I dont know"

The two sat in silence for a whole before Sylas spoke up.

"Do you have a thing for Junkies?"

"Sylas. That's not a nice word to use."

"So you do. Maybe I have a chance"

"You're not a junkie. Don't do that."

"You didn't deny it. I mean your ex was. I am. We're meant to be. Only difference is once I get better I'm not coming back. We can get married and have babies. And I hope they look like you because you're so pretty." Sylas tried to caress her face and she pushed his hands away.

"Come on. You're sleepy." Aaliyah helped him up, taking him over to the bed.

"I'm not. Do you think I'm ugly or something?"

"No, you're very attractive. Now get some sleep."

"Tell me more"

"You're very handsome" Sylas giggled when Aaliyah complimented him.

"More"

"And you have a nice smile" Aaliyah was wondering how his teeth weren't completely destroyed but turns out he wasn't doing it long enough to cause any severe damage. He was more of a vein user. 

Sylas smiled, his blue eyes sparkled. Aaliyah really did like his smile and to see him smile. His eyes looked completely different from the dull ones she's been seeing.

"You really think so?" 

"Yes, now lay down."

"Can you call me baby again, like you did earlier?"

"Sure. Now lay down" Sylas laid down letting Aaliyah tuck him in.

"Are you leaving, Lee?"

"Yes but after you fall asleep. '' Aaliyah couldn't leave the door open all night and she didn't want to lock herself in.

"Lee?"

"Yes"

"What was her name?"

"I can't tell you."

"Oh. Okay. Goodnight now"

"Goodnight baby" Sylas felt butterflies in his belly.

"Can I maybe. . . have a kiss before you go?"  Aaliyah kissed his forehead.

"Not what I was looking for but I guess that will do. Thanks."

"You're welcome. How do you feel?"

"Great. I feel really good"

"That's good. Now close your eyes" Sylas turned to lay on his stomach. Aaliyah sat on the side of his bed rubbing his back. Sylas was out like a light.

Aaliyah sat on the floor. Deleting all the pictures of Lorelai. Sometimes she really missed her but she would be a fool to go back. Sylas was taking his mind off of the woman who was usually the only thing she could think of. They had similar behaviors. Some things that Sylas did reminded her of Lorelai, But she knew that Sylas was different. Something about him was different. She told herself she wouldn't date another one of her patients. But it wouldn't hurt to give Sylas a chance right? They're not all the same. Right?