I had finally gotten home, I lightly opened the door, and my head peeked through. My eyes scanned the area. The house was empty. Weird, my father was supposed to be home. I walked into the house and closed the door behind me. I traveled up to my room, searching for my father. I immediately lay in bed, and my eyes stayed open. I stared at the ceiling, the white paint covered my old pink-painted ceiling. The last sign of my happiness, and my old life. Everything in this house had changed in a year. Eli and Mom had been wiped, almost forgotten of existence. I closed my eyes as I drifted away into my dreams.

The front doors slammed open and shut. I shot up in my bed. I felt my heart pounding at the loud sound. I began to move out of bed, I grabbed my softball bat from my gym bag. I sneaked down the stairs and turned into the kitchen ready to hit someone. Right as I prepared my dad popped up. I froze up as my dad jumped out. "What is wrong with you," my dad yelled.

"I thought you were an intruder!"

"Are you serious? Are you that stupid? We're gated in!"

"Okay, can we just move on? I'm sorry."

"Move on? You almost hit me with that bat!" I moved the bat down, my fingers lessened their grip. My head was tilted downward, I could only see his bottom half. My body seemed frozen. I didn't move, not even to blink. "I should have never got you that... or let you play that forsaken sport," his voice raised with every word even if he paused. No words could even stop his angry rant. I stood listening to every curse, every belittling word. Suddenly my thoughts wandered elsewhere, back to the old house.

Sweet laughter filled the air. The sun shined bright, soft clear clouds making sweet shapes. A delicate pair of feet glided across the fresh grass as another chased after them. The two loud laughs came from the pair of children. "Come here! It's time to eat," their mother yells as she places food down on the table. The kids came running, the little boy sitting at the chair by his mother and the girl sitting next to her dad. The man smiled, he moved and kissed the girl on her forehead.

"My princess," he muttered against the girl's forehead.

The memory was shattered as a hand hit my cheek. I fell back with the sudden impact. My hand dropped the bat as my butt hit the ground. I propped my elbows up, my gaze looked up to my father. My eyes began to water. His mouth moved but I couldn't hear. I swallowed a thump in my throat. His mouth closed as the tears ran down my face. He stood there frozen, not knowing how to react. My hands quickly rubbed against my eyes to wipe the tears. I moved swiftly up and ran up the stairs.