III

I heard my name called from downstairs. I opened my door and walked down the stairs. I stopped as I reached the last step. I saw the same girl again, Jessica was her name if I remember correctly. Yet this time seemed different, a boy my age was next to her. My dad stood by them. It seemed as if they were a family and I was the guest. "Nancy, this is Jessica and her son, Tommy," my dad explained.

Tommy, a quite overused but rare name. He had shabby dirty blonde mullet, was quite tall, had pale skin, and had sharp but soft features. Dressed in a black shirt and jeans, also with a small gold chain. I looked down, Converse just like mine, with dirt stains even with some small doodles. It looked as if he didn't want to be here, we were in the same boat. I saw him staring at me, I stared back. The room stayed silent, both parents just watching the interaction. Jessica broke the silence.

"I brought some dinner. Your father had happily invited us to eat with you both, Nancy."

"Cool," I respond. I didn't even mean it or at least it was just a word.

The dinner had been a silent one with only the parents talking. Tommy and I only silently looked at each other. It was like we shared thoughts, both of us hating being here. The food was bland, it had chicken and rice but still was horrible. "Why don't you show Tommy your room, Nancy, Jessica and I need to talk," My father said. It wasn't like a question, it was a demand. I sighed low to myself. I looked back at the boy. His eyes met mine, I quickly looked away.

"Sure," I responded. "You could just follow me." I just got out of my seat and began to walk. I heard his chair move from behind me. I expected he was following. I only moved faster and didn't look back. Footsteps followed in a quickened pace. Right as I got in my room I heard him close the door. I turned around, "he-" I stopped speaking as I felt me right on his chest. My head had to tilt up to look at him.