The Beginning

Have you met a god before? I doubt it. They live beyond the sky and beyond what you can comprehend. Beyond our minds and beyond dimensions as a whole. It's a debate whether they live or not, few people believe they do. But even those people are always wrong about who exactly lives in the heavens.
     Some people would say the Greek gods. Incorrect. What about the Egyptians? Nope.
     ‘Then… what religion lives in our head? What do we believe in?’ They, the mortals, ask us relentlessly. Well they ask, but they would never dare want an answer. Mortals always ask but never want the truth, they'd rather explore the possibilities of the truth and complain of their lack of one.
     Mortals also tend to follow the idea that something follows them around and watches everything they do. Many live under the assumption they are actively being taken care of.
     No, the truth is that other beings exist, creatures of all sizes and personalities. We call ourselves Arzinthian Deities and Demigods, but mortals have given us nicknames over time. My new favorite nickname is ‘The Sun Imp’, I didn't know I looked impish, but ultimately it is your choice. I don't mind the name.
     Hello, my name is Bishop of the Sun. I have formally been the God of the sun since I was born, like my fellow deities and their jobs, we were born into this responsibility. There are dozens of other deities of anything you can think of. Spacetime, stars, there's a married couple taking care of the beauty and the disaster in nature. It all fits together like a puzzle.
     We had rankings and people to teach us most of the time. But other than that we stuck to ourselves. The only time we ever talked was at meetings in the Palace Of Arzin, located in an earthly dimension. I always got in fights with people during those meetings so I rarely go nowadays, but it's still good to keep up with the events happening among the dimensions.

Due to our solidarity, my only friend for a while was a woman named Hemlock. She was the goddess of nature's disasters and she was born a little while after I was. We got along surprisingly well and her husband, November, was always the kindest to me. She seemed like a mother figure despite being younger than me.
     That was…. Until the accident with an asteroid. It had flown away from one of the forming asteroid fields and crashed into Hemlock and November’s earth and broke off a large chunk. The chunk floated off but got caught in orbit, all of its life dying rapidly from nobody able to take care of it. This chunk of earth was soon nicknamed the Moon by the other gods and it started to catch my eye.
     But alas. It was unstable. We needed someone to take care of it and I couldn't! I was busy enough with a floating ball of fire 330,000 times the size of the earth! That's when she came along…
     Bermuda?
     She had jet black skin with blue hues and purple-y hair with red and black tinges. Her eyes were glowing white and she had stars and clouds of dusk worn like freckles. She was like the opposite of me, my hair was pale yellow with peach and white accents. I had pale yellow skin, but clouds to match hers.
     At first I was appalled to see I had to share my space with a younger being. But over time she grew on me like a mortal and their siblings. We bonded over small things and I learned she was definitely a little on the reckless side. She played with the tides on the earth and made the Moon her own, scattering artistic craters along the surface. I often found her dancing in the low gravity silence.
      She was important to me and I started to love her like the sibling I accepted her as. I was protective of her, despite how much we squabbled over petty ordeals and had screaming matches over sharing. She was still my sister and our bond made me sympathize with mortals and their petty relationships. Now.. I understood the mortals like I understood this short, bitchy woman that came into my life at the peak of chaos.
     She taught me to sympathize with the very thing I thought to be pathetic, and I admire her for that.