She's Back

After I had calmed down, I could do anything else but sit on my bed and read, waiting for Bermuda to come home. It took her several hours but eventually I heard a knock on my door, but she swung it open before I decided whether to respond or not.
     “Hey Bishop.” She spoke as if she hadn't just written the most infuriating letter I had ever read. “How are ya?” This bitch dared to ask how I am???
     I didn't respond, I simply glared at her before I went straight back to my book. I wasn't reading but I did want her to know I was pissed.
     “Oh you gotta be kidding me.” She grumbled and smacked her forehead in frustration. “Bishop, you're being a dick. It's not that big of a deal.”
     I was so mad my hands began to shake, I felt the breath catching in my throat and I had to hold myself back from screaming at her. She knows I'm on edge! Is she just trying to piss me off??? I slapped my book shut and tossed it aside harshly, making it slide off the bed entirely and hit the floor several feet away from the bed.
     “I'm the one being a dick?” I spoke with an overly controlled tone, trying to calm myself down. “Bermuda. I'm worried for your safety. I'm trying to be a good brother to you, and you're making this hard.” My teeth gritted, but by her expression, I could tell she immediately felt bad.
     “i-.... I apologize.” She paused and watched me carefully as I slid off the bed. “I misspoke… I'm just frustrated that the one time I get a friend other than you or Hemlock or November, you get mad at me and claim he's dangerous, he's not! He's not dangerous at all, if he was, he would've done something by now.”
     “Bermuda. You don't believe me.” I was a bit calmer now, maybe I could make a valid argument and not blow up in her face. “He's manipulating you into thinking that and you don't believe me. He's out to get me and he's been manipulating everyone I know to do the same…” I had told her this before, but I couldn't stress it enough.
     “Ugh! You always say that! He's not ‘manipulating’ me, we're just friends and under my own conditions, not by his mind games! Just trust me!” She offered her hand, as if offering a truce. “Please just trust me for now, if it gets dangerous, I'll tell you and we can go from there. I just want a friend… and I don't want that to be at the cost of my only brother.”
     I didn't know what to do. On one hand, I could accept it and just ignore Amoroth and possibly, possibly get my sister and I killed. On the other hand, I lose my sister. I stared at her hand and thought about the choices. I didn't know what to do but the chances of us dying are slim I guess… maybe… maybe it's okay.
     I slowly reached out and took her hand.
     “Okay… I trust you.” I mumbled, hurt that this was the only way she would accept my wariness. “But-”
     “Yes I know, ‘but if you get into trouble you have to tell me’ blah blah blah- I get it, everything will be fine, Bishop.” She squeezed my hand and smiled at me before lightly punching me in the arm and leaving my room abruptly.
     “okay..” I barely trusted her, I just really wanted my sister back. Oh well.