Chapter 9

Hermione walked through the glass door and was met with the same shopkeeper lady.

"Ah! Ms. Granger, welcome. Ms. Weasley and Ms. Parkinson are waiting for you."

As Hermione was led towards the fitting rooms, she saw Ginny and Pansy chatting over champagne.

Ginny's eyes beamed at the sight of Hermione. "Hello!" Cheery.

Pansy waved her hand submissively at Hermione. "Well, go on then. Get dressed."

Once she had put on the last dress (the one that she adored) Ginny bursted into tears.

Pansy called for another round of champagne at the shopkeeper.

"Oh she looks so beautiful, oh dear. Mione' please find yourself a nice gentleman." said Ginny.

Pansy rolled her eyes, instead of reaching for some tissues, she reached for the freshly topped champagne and brought it to Ginny's face. Ginny had accepted it gladly.

"I guess this is the one then." Hermione smiled at her own reflection on the floor length mirror.

Ginny rose from her seat with a huge smile on her face. "Brilliant! It's yours then! Oh, we need to get it properly fitted too. It may take 5 days, so you would need to come back next week."

Hermione nodded before changing to her own clothes.

The shopkeeper, whom she learned her name as Glenda, brought the dress back to the rack for alterations.

"Please come back in 5 days, Ms. Granger."

....

Next week rolled around, Hermione was about to finish her last few paperwork when she heard a knock on her door.

"Come in."

The door opened and Daisy, the lovely girl from the front desk came in. "Hello Hermione, you have a guest."

Hermione raised a brow, she summoned her planner and couldn't point out a scheduled appointment for today.

"Hmm, was it scheduled?"

"I'm afraid not. I've told her to book an appointment but—"

A hand was placed on Daisy's
shoulder—stopping Daisy's sentences. Hermione widened her eyes when she realised whose hand that it belonged.

"Ms. Granger, it's been years."

A small, yet elegant smile plastered on the woman's face, she retracked her hand and folded it in front of her, clutching to a small purse.

"Mrs. Malfoy," said Hermione. "It's good to see you."

What was she supposed to say?

Hermione nodded towards Daisy, the girl stepped aside and closed the door.

"Please, have a seat." said Hermione.

Narcissa Malfoy.

Narcissa Malfoy was in her office, sitting in front of her probably judging the quality of her desk. Or her noisy leather chairs, or her century
old carpet—