008.

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

| "my lords, sires and men — I thank you all for attending this grand feast! The troubles of your long journeys are worth it, I assure you" Aegon paused for a moment and licked his lips as he watched from the royal table to the people sat below him.

Many servers had spent great hours of the day in the throne room, preparing the tables whilst the cookers steamed and boiled vegetables as well as meat for this grand feast. But it was all worth it. The night felt glorious for many that had come from overseas, their faces evidently pale from the long days surrounded by deep dangerous waters. Large white candles surrounded each table, floors and walls — the servants always felt themselves sweat whilst walking past the candles as they knew any quick movement could cause a grand fire.

Many nobles, lords and sires sat on the tables, their glory and power evident with the way they dressed as well as the way they looked. All kept their heads held high. Each lord wore very rich velvets and silk, making sure they represented their power with the materials and colours they owned and represented. Dominating colours such as sapphire red and aristocratic blues added light to the darkness of the throne room, which had constantly been filled with blood shed and conflict.

Lord Starkley, however, was very evidently missing. The rich warm yellow colour of his house was dearly missed by his allies and dear friends. Maybe it was the shame of haven given up his daughter with no fight nor deal passed, no one would know.

But his daughter knew.

Myanna stood behind the door of the throne room awaiting for the trumpets to blare, that was her calling. Both her hands aggressively pressed against one another in hopes of calming herself down. A young serving girl kneeled below her, trying to fix her dress so it doesn't crease. Above, the older girl stared below at the server with a small frown, one of pure jealousy. The more she continued to stare at her the more her hand aggressively rubbed her palms reddening ugly skin.

Oh how she, selfishly, wished to be the one fixing the dress rather than the one wearing it - not having to endure the consequences of a man's greed. "enough" the coldness in her voice was so strange that the young serving girl didn't hear her at first as it was so unfamiliar. "I said enough" Myanna raised her voice before clutching onto her dress and pushing it away from the girls beautiful, pale palms.

"I am sorry my lady, I didn't hear-" the young girl stood and kept her head down.

Out of guilt, Myannas eyes lowered "it is quite alright, please do not apologise. You can leave from your duties early tonight.". The girls eyes widened as if she was given a pot of gold. Similar to her father, Myanna looked away trying to prevent herself from feeling sympathetic — the girl understood she was dismissed. The small steps of her flat shoes could be heard and Myannas deep breaths.

Placing her ringed hand onto her forehead, myanna thought of the cruelty she had imposed on an innocent soul. The guilt ate her heart like a green eyed beast. If it was a monster she would become, it would be for the right people, who truly deserved it. It would make her anger and cruelty justified.

"As your king, I have scarred myself to protect you and our people from usurpation, theft and more bloodshed. I would do it again and again for you all!" he raised his hand and pointed his finger, showing his authority and dominance. Possibly, if it was a woman stating this the men below would stare at her in bewilderment at such a strong claim. No one would believe her and yet astonishingly everyone believed the one king who had ran away from conflict before and abandoned his people.

The many applauds, whistles and shouts of cheer proved the support Aegon obtained.

"But I do not wish to reflect on the past but think of our future" he continued and paused, struggling to find words.

"So it brings me great joy to declare before you all of my future marriage." The applauds were loud, much louder than anticipated. Myanna frowned as she could hear the door rattle because of it, clutching onto her necklace she stood eerily still as if she was awaiting her own execution.

The dowager queen, Alicent Hightower, had been sat on the royal table as her son delivered his speech. The beautiful green she wore was still as strong, never unwavering even after many deaths she had to suffer from. And yet although she kept a small reassuring smile on her tired face, the emptiness she felt was astonishing. Constantly staring at the chairs beside her that were filled with strangers - she wished to see her other children more than ever. To kiss their warm cheeks and hug their bodies, smell their scents.

For the people applauding below, this was a day of celebration but for Alicent it was a harder day of mourning — someone else would take the place of her dearest girl, Helaena. Even the thought of it made her lower her head to hide away the tears threatening to spill down her cold and pale cheeks.

"Open the doors!" Aegons voice boomed, it reminded everyone of his younger years when his shouts of cheer and joy could be heard regularly. Nowadays his voice only raised when necessary, the strain of working himself up too much would cause him to break out into sweats and have to rest for hours, sometimes days.

The horns broke out all of a sudden, resulting in people to turn their heads to the beautiful rich sounds.

Myanna blinked as the sudden light hit her so sharply, she gasped. At first she could only see distant black shapes of people's heads but she didn't have time to register any of them, who they were and where they belonged to, she just had to begin walking. Picking up her dress, she slowly began to make her way inside — staring straight ahead. It was difficult to describe her moments to Dy later on because it was all a blur. But all she could remember was the warmth of the candles and the brightness of them too as if the flames were harsher for that occasion.

But it was the yellow of her dress that shone brighter.

Many stared at her as she came down the staircase, the trumpets continuing to blare. As Myanna walked past their tables to the next staircase to reach Aegon, she turned to each of them. A pleasant smile was on her face, to which every man smiled back for. It was all it took - a smile. She could have a dagger below her layers of yellow fabrics and they would still never suspect anything from her as long as she wore that smile with it.

Aegon kept his hands to his side and watched her come up the steps towards him with a satisfied smile. The candle light made him look menacing as his scars appeared darker, more uglier. Finally meeting at the second to last step, he took her hand. Keeping their hands at a high point, Aegon looked around and announced — "I shall wed Lady Myanna Starkley from the House of Starkley in due course. I promise to you all I will restore this land below you to one of peace and prosperity with a strong queen by my side"

The young girl looked above as many men stood and began to applaud. It all felt comedic.

"play the music!" the king roared once more as the sounds of drums and different instruments slowly begin to fade in - silencing the sounds of claps.

All of a sudden many servers begun walking with platters of meats — it was time to dine.

Aegon finally turns away with Myanna holding his hand.

It was now where she would face a different challenge: the family of the king.

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹