Chapter 1: The Box.

(A/n: hello!! this will be my first ever fanfic or book, I've been obsessed with Mazerunner and I finished the books in one month. Either way, I've been reading a ton of fanfics, I even have a reading list dedicated to the best ones!! but lately, I haven't found any more good ones, so.. I decided to make my own!! I hope you'll enjoy this as much as I will. Have fun! Also, leave some feedback :)

Her eyes fluttered open, greeted by a chaotic blur of crates filled with fruits, clothing, and even a pig

Her eyes fluttered open, greeted by a chaotic blur of crates filled with fruits, clothing, and even a pig. "What the hell?" Her voice was harsh, laced with confusion rather than fear. Reality hit her swiftly—she couldn't remember a thing. Words were familiar, but faces were strangers. Panic brewed as she realized she didn't even know her name.

But she didn't have time to think about it as the box abruptly stopped. Being too fast, jolting her upwards, hitting her head on the metal floor.
"Fuck."Pain throbbed as she wiped her head, a warm liquid trickling down her temple. Light filled the square room as she looked up to see some.. doors opening from above. There, a group of boys surrounded the edge.

"It's a girl." A blond boy with a British accent spoke.

"No way we haven't gotten a girl before!"
"I call dibs!"
"You can't call dibs first, Ben."
"She's hot."
Comments could be heard from above, only causing the girl to back away in the corner, clearly frightened.

"Slim it, you lot." The blonde boy exclaimed as he jumped down to the scared girl.
"Hey there, green-bean, sorry about them. These shuck-faces won't do anything. If they ever dare, I'll make sure they'll get proper punishment for it." The Brit said as he offered a hand to her. She slowly reached for his.
A rope gets tossed down, and the blondie gestures towards it "After you, princess." hesitant, she steps into the loop, and as she gets pulled up a dark-skinned boy offers a hand. She grabs onto it and gets pulled up.

"Welcome to the glade, my name's Alby, the one in charge here." he tells me, "We'll help you get settled in." The blond boy gets pulled up from the box and makes his way beside the girl. Alby introduces the boy "This, is Newt. He's in charge when I'm not around." Referring to the Brit, "Good thing you're always around then." he chuckled as he stuck out a hand for me to shake. My mind was spinning, taking in all my surroundings as I looked. I saw walls all around.

Overwhelmed with panic, she fell to the ground and found herself unable to breathe properly.
"Woah woah, alright, calm down, greenie. we don't want you dying on your first day" Newt said, clearly concerned.

"Why can't I remember anything? Why can't I remember my name? Who are you people, and why am I here?" she cried out, tearing up. The blonde boy rubbed her back as he said "It's alright, greenie, we've all been through it. Every single one of us. You'll get your name back soon enough. It's the only thing they let us keep." Her breathing soon slowed. His presence did soothe her in a way. It made her feel calm. Maybe she could trust this boy, She thought to herself.

A guy with weird eyebrows stepped in front of her and leaned down "Day one greenie, rise and shine." He smirked annoyingly as he offered her a hand.
She looked at him oddly, staring at his funny-looking face. "Stop it, gally, you're creeping her out," Newt said as he shot him a glare. "Whatever dude." he angrily walked away.

"Why do you guys keep calling me that?" she asked after dusting herself off the floor. "What?, Greenie? It's what we call the newbies since they don't remember their name yet." Newt smiled. Alby spoke, "Well let's get you settled in, then after we'll have a bonfire in honor of the new greenie." Alby patted her head.

After Alby's tour, I was introduced to a boy called Chuck, probably 12-13. He was the one who showed me where I was gonna sleep and even prepared my bed or hammock, for me. I soon knew that he was the so-called greenie before me. The kid tried so hard to be everyone's friend, but no one seemed to like him or even pay attention to him. I couldn't help but feel a little sad for the boy. He seemed so nice, that I made it my mission to be his best friend. "Hey greenie, do you wanna have lunch together?" The boy said, seeming happy that he made a nice friend.

"Okay, Chuckie. " I smiled.