Chapter 18: Sacrifice.

(Happy Birthday to Thomas Brodie Sangster 🤭🤭🤭 last chapter is next!!!)

You have to wake up.

I heard a faint voice calling out. No, I need to know more. As they tied me to the metal bed, I didn't even fight back, I felt numb,

William was dead. The man who has been with me for 3 years, protecting me, risking his own life just to keep me safe. And he was gone.

But I knew he wouldn't want me to just hand myself over to WCKD, he wouldn't want me to give up. I struggled against the restraints, "Let me go!" They weren't even phased by my cries for help.

One of the scientists looked into the microscope and jumped back, "Oh god, you guys need to see this." "Look at what?" Tommy entered the room and looked into the microscope.

Mei, distract him for a second.

I struggled against my restraints, dropping the equipment beside me, "Can you just keep quiet for a second?!" he approached me and picked up the stuff on the ground. Quickly, Tommy switched out the glass sample under the microscope.

"Do you not see it?" The guy approached the table and looked into the microscope again, "Oh..uhm I must've seen wrong.." he pinched his nose bridge in annoyance.

"Could you.. leave me alone with her for a bit, I want to say goodbye." Tommy scratched his neck in nervousness. "To uhm.. this traitor."

He looked at me, then Tommy for a bit, looking a bit suspicious, "Sure." Then left the room.

Tommy ran beside me, "Mei, I know what happened.."

"Please Tommy, please, help me.. they're gonna send me in." I cried, tears welling in my eyes.

"You have to go in. You have to free them."

"I'll be with you soon. They still think I'm on their side." he tucked my hair behind my ears and held my hand.

"No no, I can't do it Tommy please."

"I know you can, I'll be with you during the whole thing." He squeezed my hand.

"I need to go, they're gonna be suspicious if I stay too long." He walked to the door before looking back at me.

"you'll never remember this, but..."

"I love you." he left.

WAKE UP!

I opened my eyes to see a very worried Thomas, looking at me. I was back in the glade, more like in the pit, but yeah.

"Mei, what the hell were you thinking?." he leaned over, brushing the hair out of my face,  just like he did in my memory.

"Are you okay?" I looked up at the gate. Newt, minho, and Chuck were there, looking worried.