Chapter 10: Their favourite.

(a/n: 10th chapter!! Yay!! I've been trying to push myself to finish this book quickly so I could make the scorch trials and my favorite, the death cure. I hope you've loved this as much as I have so far. Thank you for taking the time to read this book!)

Minho was furious, but we all had no time to hold grudges, as the grievers were already coming

Minho was furious, but we all had no time to hold grudges, as the grievers were already coming. We had to hide alby until we could return to the glade.

"I seriously don't know what you two were thinking running into here." minho glared at both of us,
"We gotta go. The maze is already changing."

"Hey, Minho! We can't just leave him here."
I shouted to him. "We gotta get him up."

The boys both carried unconscious Alby by the shoulders. We jogged for a while before they both sat alby down and collapsed in exhaustion,
Then, there it was, the sound of growling and metal scraping against the ground, there was a griever.

"This isn't going to work. We gotta go. We gotta go!"
Minho panicked.

"Wait, what are you talking about? We gotta hide him." Thomas reasoned.

"Where?" Minho asked, slowly losing it by the second.

"I don't know. Are you telling me there's not a single place we could take him?"

Minho grabbed Thomas by the shirt and slammed him against the wall.
I've never seen him this scared before.

"Listen to me, shuck-face, all right. Take a look around. There's nowhere to go! You don't get it, We're already dead." he looked so scared and angry.

I put my hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him.
"Minho, there's some vines on the wall behind us. I think if he tied him up there, he'd be safe for the night, we're gonna be fine, okay?" Even if I said that I knew I was equally as scared as him. We all were.

We were hoisting up Alby by the vine, trying to get him high enough so the grievers wouldn't be able to get to him or notice him.

"Two.. three" we pulled at the count of three.

But the walls to our left were opening, revealing the griever who was slowly approaching where we were, still unable to detect us. Minho froze in fear.

"What are you doing? What are you doing? What are you doing?" Thomas asked, repeatedly trying to snap
Minho back into reality.

"We gotta go. We gotta go now!"
"No, no, just a little more, and we'll tie it off." Thomas tried to reason with him. I looked at the scared boy, begging him to snap out of it,

"Minho, stay with me. Stay with me, Minho!"
he looked at me with dread in his eyes, I knew what he was about to do.

"I'm sorry, meimei." he ran off into the distance.

Because of the sudden weight added, Tommy and I slipped forward, almost slamming ourselves against the wall. The griever was right there.

Tommy and I hid under the bundle of ivy, laying on top of each other, as the griever crawled by, desperately trying to find us.