Dakota - 5 🖤

I sat right in front of Theo and leaned back in my seat while putting my seatbelt on and being relieved knowing that I can trust Kade driving. I was leaning back hoping to fall asleep even though it was only a ten, fifteen minute drive, when I felt Theo’s hand on my shoulder and I turned to my right and saw him from the corner of my eye and he was grinning at me. Kade took the worst route in town and as we went around the corner everybody in the car was leaning to the left except me? I was still sitting up straight in my seat and as I looked to my right I saw Theo’s hand holding my shirt by the collar. Kade was looking straight forward but glanced back, “Is everyone okay? That corner is wicked man.” There was a collective yes as I sighed and leaned against the door and pulled out my phone, “What the heck?!” Everyone turned to look at me except Kade who looked at me in the rearview mirror, “Miller, what are you yelling about?” I realized nobody had seen what I just saw so I just shrugged, “Nothing, just overreacting a little.” I smiled at them, turning back to my window. I felt Theo tap my shoulder and I glanced back for a second until my phone started ringing. I looked down and my heart dropped, but even with all the shock and horror running through my body, I answered it. “Hello?” I heard mumbling and whispering on the other end of the phone, “Helllooo?” At this point everyone in the car was silent listening in on my apparently one sided conversation. I looked down at my phone and slowly put it back up to my ear, “Who is this?” There was the mumbling again and then a click, I slowly took the phone away from my ear to see that the call ended. Logan was turned the whole way around in his seat staring at me and everyone else was turned towards me, “Well? Who was it? Why’d you freak out?” I didn’t know what to say, “Uh, I, that was…weird…” And for a minute, just a minute, I was in my own world and there was a thick awkward layer of silence resting over the car. The car was stopped and we were at seven-eleven but none of us got out, not yet, and they were all still looking at me. I finally opened the door and jumped out because once Kade got out of the driver’s seat we all had one minute and I wanted a head start on him. They all slowly realized what I was doing and suddenly started doing the same thing. I grabbed what I got everytime and put it in a basket which I passed to Sawyer so they could fill it up the rest of the way and walked up to the counter where Kyle was standing, “Hey Dakota. How’s it been man?” I looked down at my phone as I felt it start ringing in my pocket, “Um good. I guess, hey do you by chance remember the one girl I used to be friends with?” He looked confused then I saw it click in his head, “Oh! You mean, oh c’mon what was her name? Uhhh Jessica? Or Janet? I can’t remember. All I know is that it started with a J. Why?” I answered the call and didn’t hear anything for a minute, “Hello? Who is this? This isn’t funny man.” Kyle looked at me confused and I felt the panic start to creep into my voice, when everyone came up to the register except Kade, he was still in the car, I could see him and he was just waiting, watching, observing, all while looking fully contempt that we were wasting all the money he had made in the weeks before. I hung up the phone and started to walk towards the door when I was yanked back by my hood. I turned around to see Wyatt holding my hood and shaking his head at me, “You know the rules. No leaving until he pays, unless you wanna give up what’s yours in the basket?” I shook my head and started texting Kade. Once I looked back up he was finally getting out of the car and walking towards us, “Finally, hey guys we still have forty five seconds.” It hit them all so suddenly that they were running to grab things and drinks and by the time they all came back it looked like we had just shoveled three shelves into one basket. Kades face went white when he saw the total. I turned around and without letting them see I pulled out a fifty and three tens and placed them on the counter in front of Kade who was trying to count out ones and I watched as he mouthed, thank you. I turned and started grabbing bags when my phone fell onto the ground and as if on cue started ringing, again. I had my hands full and watched Theo’s face contort as he picked it up and saw the name flashing on the top of the screen, “Do you want me to answer it?” I looked at him and shook my head and started carrying the bags out to the car, “Hey Theo? Hello? Who called me?” They all just stood there staring at me without moving a muscle. Theo walked towards me holding the phone low against his stomach showing me the name at the top of my phone. I looked and  was immediately struck with horror when I saw the name Trey  flash across my phone. Theo looked at me, “I thought you had him blocked.” There was anger in his voice until he saw the look of terror on my face, “Hey, hey, no look it’s okay.” I started shaking my head taking my phone off of him, he shouldn’t be able to contact me. At all, ever. “Look you’re good,” “No. No, no no, you don’t get it!” They all looked at me like I was insane, “I specifically told him not to contact me. I blocked him. I did, I even went to his house and told him to quit calling me, to quit texting me, to quit trying and that it was over. Obviously he didn’t fucking listen.” I immediately checked to make sure my location was off and to my luck it wasn’t, which meant two of three things. I answered it, “I don’t know how many times I ha-” “I know where you are. You’re not safe.” I could hear his sinister cackle on the other end of the line and then the line went dead. Theo pulled me close to him and hugged me, looking over his shoulder I saw Kade, Sawyer, Logan, and Wyatt staring at me, and I felt the tears start falling down my face. I pushed Theo away and wiped my face and got in the car, while waiting for everyone to get in I could hear Sawyer and Theo talking about what just happened.