Chapter «IV»

*****

Valt, got down the van, after he made sure he was at the right destination. He instructed Toko to remain in the van, with a stern voice. When the latter protested, he glared at him. Soon, Valt was behind the van. He opened the back door, got the cake and stepped down. He called out for his brother to close the door. When the door was closed, he was about to walk to the house to hand over the cake, only to realize that his hands were full. God damn.

He wanted to groan in annoyance but sighed anyways. He need to remain calm. "Toko! I need you help!" He can already hear the mock in his brother's voice even before he answered. Toko, laughed as he got the down the van and walked with Valt to the front door, all while giggling and taunting Valt just like the little menace he actually is. After reaching the front door, Toko ringed the bell. They heard faint foot steps coming towards them. Valt shuffled his feat slightly over the black carpet at the front door. The house really do looked huge. And the cake was very big and unusually heavy. It's not like someone rich orders their cake every once in a while to make such as this one.

The brick walls around the door was also black, giving a sense of chills. But Valt ignored it. He is here to deliver the cake, and leave. That's it. No real big thing. It's not like he is here to audition some talent show. Valt can't help but snort at his thoughts. They heard a faint yelling and finally, the door opened.

Valt blinked, so did Toko. The man in front of them, was also shocked. Silence passed. The man, with the familiar dark blue hair as Valt, coughed awkwardly. Valt looked away, and Toko mumbled something about guarding the van and left without another word. Valt, on the other hand, did not know how to get away. "I am,,," Valt paused, not knowing how to word his sentence but either way, he had to speak. He wanted to leave. So he continued, still awkward and dreaded. "Uh, yeah, here to deliver this cake" he told and looked away

The man, paused and turned away. Valt stood there, still having the cake in his hand. Thankfully, it was packed. "Dear, why did you not inform me of ordering a cake?" The man asked. Valt, still had his eyes averted. He hated this. His chest hurts, it burns raw with pain. A woman, unfamiliar to him, walked over smiling obnoxiously. "Well look at that! This boy looks so much like you, Kento!" The woman laughed and continued speaking. "And they have the best cakes and good stuff! So of course I would order there in your birthday!"

The woman was nice. Valt had to give it to her. Hopefully, that man would not leave her too, Valt thought bitterly. The older woman, still smiling patted his head, gently. "Sweetie, here hand it to me, it must be quite heavy, right??" she asked, still obnoxious to the man's scoffing. Valt, smiles at her, for her. He might hate the man, but this woman is not the one he hate. "Thank you, Ma'am"

The woman laughed once again, "It's alright! You look so sweet! You look like a young version of my husband! Anyways, anyways, do you want to come in?? We can give you a snack or two if you want-" Valt, in fact, did not want to stay any longer. He simply, forced a smile. "I, once again, thank you for the invitation, ma'am, but I have to be back very soon. Or else, my mother might be lonely in my home." He told her. The woman looked surprised. But she nodded, understanding. But a certain man, on the other hand, flinched behind her back.

Yeah, Valt might or might have not told about his mother for a purpose. But either way, he is satisfied a bit, for the hurt expression the man had. Valt may not be content with just this, but it's alright. It's ok. It's fine. He forced himself to bow. The woman, smiled, and gave him a black wrapped chocolate to him. He received it, and walked away. Not wanting to look back. He will not acknowledge the stinging in his chest. He will not acknowledge the tears that tried to rush out. He will not.

When he retuned to the van, he saw his little brother, leaning on the van's side. Toko was glaring at the road. If one passed by and saw his state, they might think he is angry. But Valt knows better. Upon closer look, he saw Toko crying, silently. So silent that he almost believed he was just angry, only if it wasn't for the visible tears on his cheeks. Valt sighed and tossed the chocolate to him and got on to the driver's seat. He horned at Toko and peaked at him. Toko seemed rather surprised. Valt grinned at him. "Do you want to walk home or something? Get on quick!" He shouted. Toko just rolled his eyes and got on the van. 

The drive to his home was silent. But, half way through, Toko started laughing. He laughed a bit too hysterically for to be Valt's liking. Valt, look at him concerned, and also was trying to drive safe. Toko wiped the tears away, as he laughed and finally stopped the hysterics. "Ya know, hard to believe that, that guy still has the guts to stay in this town" Toko, gladly informed. Valt sighed, feeling frustrated, He can understand Toko's anger, but this is not the time. "Toko, the lady gave me that dark chocolate." He paused, to turn the van and park it in an empty area, near the park. He grinned and continued, "I am kinda hunrgy, mind sharing it?" He asked, and Toko laughed before punching his arm. "Only if you help me taunt Nika" Valt chuckled. "Yeah, man, sure." And Toko unwrapped the black cover and threw it away. It landed on the green grass outside, the children in the park laughed and was playing with each other. Toko broke the chocolate in half, and handed one to Valt, and kept for himself the other.

*****