Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Alternate Journey

"Hey Chief," I spoke looking at Roman.

"Wildfire," he said his eyes looked into mine then ran down me to my injured leg then back to my face. "Are you okay?" he asked and I instantly felt tears stinging at my eyes. I looked away then back at him and he quickly moved forward taking me out of Solo's arms and into his. I breathed in his familiar scent and buried my face into his chest causing his grip to tightened more.

"Can I do something my Tribal Chief?" Paul asked worried.

"Just get the car door, let's go home," he said. We all got into the vehicle Paul driving, solo in the front passenger's seat and Jimmy and Jey on either side of Roman in the back and I was sitting on Roman's lap, my legs across Jey's lap. I was glad I didn't have to fuss with getting the gate open Linda already had it opened when we pulled in, she was standing outside waiting even though it was now 2:30am.

"Oh, my Briar, you've had me worried sick," she said reaching for my hand as Roman stepped out of the vehicle with me.

"I'm alright," I assured her, I wasn't but I couldn't tell her I was a mess and not okay.

"What do you need?" she asked me.

"Nothing for now, just need some sleep, meeting with the surgeon tomorrow," I told her.

"Okay," she said rubbing my back. "I guess I'll leave you to Roman and I'll see you in the morning," she said as I nodded fighting the tears again. Roman took me inside while Linda hugged the brothers and Paul followed behind us with my bags. We were all quiet as Roman carried me up the stairs. He set me down on my bed and turned to Paul who handed over my stuff. Roman shut the door behind me and came back over. He kneeled down so he was at my eye level.

"I really messed up this time Chief, I'm sorry." He cupped the side of my face.

"No, I'm sorry I wasn't there, I knew I should have gone."

"The twins lost their titles," I told him and his eyes narrowed.

"I know," he said his tone changing quickly.

"Don't be too hard on them. Everything is a mess, I'm going to have to give up my title on Monday," I spoke saying the words out loud for the first time and it caused tears to form at the corners of my eyes again. Roman rubbed his thumb over my cheek.

"I know, it's going to be alright. Let's just get some sleep and we can talk about everything in the morning."

"Yeah, okay, can you help me change I'm still in my wrestling gear," I told him.

"Sure Wildfire," he said standing up kissing my forehead. I smiled up at him.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing, really I was just thinking how at least you didn't blush when I asked that like Solo did," I told him laughing.

"Hold up I'm thinking you're going to need to explain that one to me," he said crossing his arms.

"It just after we got on the plane Solo asked if he could get me anything. I told him helping with getting out of my ring gear but since he wasn't you that wouldn't really work. He brought me this sweatshirt instead and he was blushing the whole time," I explained and Roman grinned.