Chapter Two

Justin's POV

It's finally the weekend, and I'm so happy that school is almost over.

One more week, one more week.
I kept repeating in my head.

Mom gave me the all clear, and said that it was fine if I entered 'Canada's Got Talent'.

There is so much work to be done. I have to find an amazing song that will show my talent and impress the judges, practice it and sing it to my best abilities, and then win the competition.

As I walk through the front door of the house, I see my mom on the couch watching tv.

"Mom I'm back. What are you watching?"

"Hi Justin, how was your day?"

"It was good mom, are you watching CGT?"

"Ya, I thought it would be a good idea to re-watch the previous seasons to see what it takes to win over the judges."

"Oh ya, that is a good idea." I said walking over to the couch to sit and watch it with her.

"I know Justin, I don't have grey hair for nothing." She said winking at me.

"I still have to pick a song to perform. What do you think I should do?" I asked my mom, seeking for advice.

"Well, how about Usher? You love singing his songs in the shower." She said matter of factly.

"Ya I'll see. Wait...how do you even know that I sing in the shower?" I said staring at her oddly.

"Thin walls Justin. I hear everything." She said jokingly. "Plus, I'm your mother I know everything Justin." She said trying to be non-challant, but failing epically.

"Anyway, I'm gonna go upstairs and see what song to pick. I'll come down to set the table when I'm done." I said while walking up the stairs.

"I've taught you well." Mom said and I shut the door to my bedroom behind me.
************

Hours later, I finally picked the song 'Burn' by Usher. I've been trying to memorize word by word of the song, and trying to hit the right notes.

  Everything seems to be going well so far, and I'm glad. If I win this competition...it could change my life forever.

  It would mean that I was one step closer to becoming a house hold name, with people of all ages listening to my songs. I would be able to meet the people that have inspired me so much, and inspire other people as well.

  But that won't happen unless I work hard, and strive for the best that I can do.

  But enough of that for now. I promised mom I would set the table and help her out.

  This weekend is gonna be a lot of work. No procrastinating anything. After dinner, I'm gonna submit my name in the competition.

   This is gonna be epic.
__________________
  Hi beautifuls, how did you like the chapter?

  Let me know by commenting and voting. It makes me smile!!!

  Love and support always,
-Selena❤️